Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Default american beer inferier?

William Sommerwerck wrote:

I don't get this light beer thing. What is the point? Beer
should have some body and flavour. You don't have to
drink it until it's coming out your nose.

It's a social thing. Shmoozing with your buddies for hour after hour, while
downing beer after beer, is a mark of True Masculinity. So a lower-calorie
beer seems desirable.

There was a short-lived low-carb beer in the late 60s, long before low-carb
became a trend. I remember seeing the ads in New York, but I don't remember
the name.

Some states allowed the sale of 3.2% alcohol beer to 18 year olds,
while you had to be 21 to buy 6%. It was commonly referred to as 'Near
beer'.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

In article ,
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Some states allowed the sale of 3.2% alcohol beer to 18 year olds,
while you had to be 21 to buy 6%. It was commonly referred to as 'Near
beer'.

I remember 3.2, but I don't remember that law. In my home state, you
could drink any alcohol at 18. Neighboring state was 21 so we had quite
an influx of partyers on weekends.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

There was a short-lived low-carb beer in the late 60s,
long before low-carb became a trend. I remember
seeing the ads in New York, but I don't remember
the name.

Some states allowed the sale of 3.2% alcohol beer to
18 year olds, while you had to be 21 to buy 6%. It was
commonly referred to as 'Near beer'.

True, but that wasn't what I was referring to.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 03:24:23 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I don't get this light beer thing. What is the point? Beer
should have some body and flavour. You don't have to
drink it until it's coming out your nose.

It's a social thing. Shmoozing with your buddies for hour after hour, while
downing beer after beer, is a mark of True Masculinity. So a lower-calorie
beer seems desirable.

There was a short-lived low-carb beer in the late 60s, long before low-carb
became a trend. I remember seeing the ads in New York, but I don't remember
the name.

The beer was called Gablingers and it was brewed by Rheingold so it
was available in NY, NJ. and New England. Chuck
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

There was a short-lived low-carb beer in the late 60s,
long before low-carb became a trend. I remember seeing
the ads in New York, but don't remember the name.

The beer was called Gablinger's. and it was brewed by
Rheingold, so it was available in NY, NJ, and New England.

Thanks. I was going crazy trying to remember the name.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 6, 12:00*pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
There was a short-lived low-carb beer in the late 60s,
long before low-carb became a trend. I remember
seeing the ads in New York, but I don't remember
the name.

Some states allowed the sale of 3.2% alcohol beer to
18 year olds, while you had to be 21 to buy 6%. It was
commonly referred to as 'Near beer'.

True, but that wasn't what I was referring to.

3.2 beer is not the same as near beer. Why do people blow out their
asses? Near beer has less than 0.5% alcohol.

--Bryan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

?
? True, but that wasn't what I was referring to.

3.2 beer is not the same as near beer. Why do people blow out their
asses? Near beer has less than 0.5% alcohol.

Do you have proof that it wasn't referred to 'near beer' by kids in
parts of the US 50 years ago, or is your head up your ass and you need
your glass belly button to see your keyboard?

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

wrote:
? ?? There was a short-lived low-carb beer in the late 60s,
? ?? long before low-carb became a trend. I remember
? ?? seeing the ads in New York, but I don't remember
? ?? the name.
? ? Some states allowed the sale of 3.2% alcohol beer to
? ? 18 year olds, while you had to be 21 to buy 6%. It was
? ? commonly referred to as 'Near beer'.
?
? True, but that wasn't what I was referring to.

3.2 beer is not the same as near beer. *Why do people blow out their
asses? *Near beer has less than 0.5% alcohol.

* *Do you have proof that it wasn't referred to 'near beer' by kids in
parts of the US 50 years ago, or is your head up your ass and you need
your glass belly button to see your keyboard?

Really stupid kids can call a sheep a goat, and that doesn't make it
so. In Missouri, the only beer you could buy on Sundays was that 3.2
junk. I drank my share of it. When the piece of **** John Ashcroft
finally left office, the laws against Sunday sales were repealed.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/near+beer

--Bryan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Bryan wrote:
3.2 beer is not the same as near beer. Why do people blow out their
asses? Near beer has less than 0.5% alcohol.

I'm not sure who appreciates that concept more...
The electronics, incest, cooking, ebay or pentecostal
newsgroups.

Lumpy

You were the Tidy Bowl Guy?
Yes. I'm cleaning your bathroom bowl.
www.LumpyMusic.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 25, 6:23*pm, "Lumpy" wrote:
Bryan wrote:
3.2 beer is not the same as near beer. *Why do people blow out their
asses? *Near beer has less than 0.5% alcohol.

I'm not sure who appreciates that concept more...
The electronics, incest, cooking, ebay or Pentecostal
newsgroups.

The incest and Pentecostal groups are not one and the same?

Lumpy

--Bryan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 5, 6:30*pm, BrotherBart wrote:
On 12/5/2010 6:09 PM, ravenlynne wrote: On 12/5/2010 5:59 PM, Alex Clayton wrote:

When I was a youngster they did not sell Coors here (WA), so people
would drive over the mountains to Idaho to buy it. They would come back
with a trunk full of the stuff and it was a big thing to go to a "Coors
party". The first time I got to taste one I said "if we did not have
horse **** here would you drive to Idaho to buy it"? They were quite
offended and needless to say I was no longer invited to any more Coors
parties. My loss I'm sure.

Sounds like a win to me. Coors is awful.

Yeah. AB Natural Light is the only good beer.

When we go camping in the Ozark back country we see lots of empty cans
of Nat Light thrown on the side of the gravel roads. The yokels drink
a lot of the stuff. That and Busch.

--Bryan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal
Roy Roy is offline

The last time I had a Budweiser I shat myself~~~

wrote:
There was a short-lived low-carb beer in the late 60s, long before
low-carb became a trend. I remember seeing the ads in New York, but
I don't remember the name.
Some states allowed the sale of 3.2% alcohol beer to 18 year olds,
while you had to be 21 to buy 6%. It was commonly referred to as
'Near beer'.

True, but that wasn't what I was referring to.

3.2 beer is not the same as near beer. *Why do people blow out their
asses? *Near beer has less than 0.5% alcohol.

--Bryan

==
You must have drunk a keg of it...serves you right.
==
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

wrote:

There was a short-lived low-carb beer in the late 60s,
long before low-carb became a trend. I remember
seeing the ads in New York, but I don't remember
the name.
Some states allowed the sale of 3.2% alcohol beer to
18 year olds, while you had to be 21 to buy 6%. It was
commonly referred to as 'Near beer'.

True, but that wasn't what I was referring to.

3.2 beer is not the same as near beer. *Why do people blow out their
asses? *Near beer has less than 0.5% alcohol.

The definition of non-intoxicating beer was changed from 0.5% alcohol
to 3.2% by Act of Congress in 1933. "Near beer" has no legal
significance. Why do people blow out their asses, indeed.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

wrote:
[...]

It sounds like you've drank enough to kill most of your brain cells.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

wrote:
[...]

You sound like a "scientist" who would rather change the subject than
accept the null hypothesis.

--Bryan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

In article ,
spamtrap1888 says...

The definition of non-intoxicating beer was changed from 0.5% alcohol
to 3.2% by Act of Congress in 1933.

It takes awhile, but you can get drunk on it.

Belgium has some of the finest beers I've ever tasted. I do my fair share to
keep those monks rich when I pass through the area,

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

In article , Brenda Ann says...

In Oregon, until at least the late 70's, all we had was 3.2 beer. Folks used
to go across to Vancouver, WA to buy Coors. Coors was the beer of choice for
beer runs across the river.

Same was true in WV, but you could buy regular beer in the ABC stores or zip
over to Ohio. No Coors though.

I knew an Air Force fighter pilot who flew out of MacDill in Tampa in the early
70's who would pick me up a case of Coors whenever he flew out West. Obviously,
my taste in beer has changed, since I now consider that horse **** undrinkable.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

wrote:

There was a short-lived low-carb beer in the late 60s,
long before low-carb became a trend. I remember
seeing the ads in New York, but I don't remember
the name.
Some states allowed the sale of 3.2% alcohol beer to
18 year olds, while you had to be 21 to buy 6%. It was
commonly referred to as 'Near beer'.

True, but that wasn't what I was referring to.

3.2 beer is not the same as near beer. *Why do people blow out their
asses? *Near beer has less than 0.5% alcohol.

The definition of non-intoxicating beer was changed from 0.5% alcohol
to 3.2% by Act of Congress in 1933. "Near beer" has no legal
significance. Why do people blow out their asses, indeed.

Non-intoxicating beer is not the same as near beer.

And while we're at it, there's no legal definition for felching
either, so you're free to use it as you wish.

--Bryan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Bryan wrote:
And while we're at it, there's no legal definition for felching
either, so you're free to use it as you wish.

The Marines have an air base in Fel Ching. It's on the
Tam Pon bay, just outside the capitol city of Yung Hung Dood.

Lumpy

You were on Leave it to Beaver?
No, I was on on CHiPs. That Beaver Lumpy
was Frank Bank.
www.LumpyMusic.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 26, 7:50*am, "Lumpy" wrote:
Bryan wrote:
And while we're at it, there's no legal definition for felching
either, so you're free to use it as you wish.

The Marines have an air base in Fel Ching. It's on the
Tam Pon bay, just outside the capitol city of Yung Hung Dood.

Is that why the Marines were the most reluctant of all the services to
have DADT repealed?

Lumpy

--Bryan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

In article ,
Bryan says...

The Marines have an air base in Fel Ching. It's on the
Tam Pon bay, just outside the capitol city of Yung Hung Dood.

Is that why the Marines were the most reluctant of all the services to
have DADT repealed?

Oh, I don't know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki32TxKNga4

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

wrote:
[...]

I do accept that you are null. And void.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

wrote:

There was a short-lived low-carb beer in the late 60s,
long before low-carb became a trend. I remember
seeing the ads in New York, but I don't remember
the name.
Some states allowed the sale of 3.2% alcohol beer to
18 year olds, while you had to be 21 to buy 6%. It was
commonly referred to as 'Near beer'.

True, but that wasn't what I was referring to.

3.2 beer is not the same as near beer. *Why do people blow out their
asses? *Near beer has less than 0.5% alcohol.

The definition of non-intoxicating beer was changed from 0.5% alcohol
to 3.2% by Act of Congress in 1933. "Near beer" has no legal
significance. Why do people blow out their asses, indeed.

Non-intoxicating beer is not the same as near beer.

Sure, make up your own terms and criticize people when they don't
agree with your definitions. Anything to help your self-esteem.

"Near beer," indeed.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

wrote:
[...]

A "scientist" who can't bring himself to admit when he's mistaken."

--Bryan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

wrote:

[...]

Not me. Search the web (Google) for "near beer." You're the one who
disagrees with Webster's Online Dictionary.

--Bryan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

wrote:
[...]

Posted by an idiot who doesn't recognize humor in a sig file.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

wrote:

[...]

Since when is EVERYTHING on the internet?

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Since when is EVERYTHING on the internet?

Eleven

Lumpy

You Played on Lawrence Welk?
Yes but no blue notes. Just blue hairs.

www.LumpyMusic.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

wrote:
[...]

It's only even mildly amusing if you are a scientist. If you're not a
scientist, it's just dumb.

--
For the last time: *I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

--Bryan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Lumpy wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Since when is EVERYTHING on the internet?

Eleven

Come back when you grow up.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Bryan wrote:

It's only even mildly amusing if you are a scientist. If you're not a
scientist, it's just dumb.

Like everything you post?

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Come back when you grow up.

For the last time, I'm not short.
I just have a tremendously long penis
and I look short in comparison.

Lumpy

You Played on Lawrence Welk?
Yes but no blue notes. Just blue hairs.

www.LumpyMusic.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Yasser Butterfat wrote:

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 01:34:32 -0500, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Lumpy wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Since when is EVERYTHING on the internet?

Eleven

Come back when you grow up.

Is it true that heterosexually challenged individuals prefer lite beer?

You'll have to ask Lumpy.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Bryan
3.2 beer is not the same as near beer.

clams:
Correct - beer brands such as Bud & Samuel Adams are near beer.

Usenet. Isn't is Maaaaavuhlous. A bunch of ****wads from
who knows what newsgroup can crosspost to the eBay group
about how "You're a homosexual because you don't agree
with me on the definition of a 50 year old term".

I'm having so much fun my ass hole hurts.

Lumpy

You Played on Lawrence Welk?
Yes but no blue notes. Just blue hairs.

www.LumpyMusic.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

"Lumpy" wrote in message
Bryan
3.2 beer is not the same as near beer.

clams:
Correct - beer brands such as Bud & Samuel Adams are near beer.

Usenet. Isn't is Maaaaavuhlous. A bunch of ****wads from
who knows what newsgroup can crosspost to the eBay group
about how "You're a homosexual because you don't agree
with me on the definition of a 50 year old term".

I'm having so much fun my ass hole hurts.

Lumpy

School is on break.
--
Calling an illegal immigrant an undocumented worker, is like calling the
corner drug dealer an unlicensed Pharmacist.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

"Lumpy" wrote in message
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Come back when you grow up.

For the last time, I'm not short.
I just have a tremendously long penis
and I look short in comparison.

Lumpy

I once worked with a guy of whom that was literally true. He and his missus
were both nudists, and his 'wedding photos' were of the both of them on a
beach. There was a set of footprints and a trench leading to where he was
standing ... Actually, he was quite short, but even so ... :-)

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On 12/28/2010 11:52 PM, Lumpy wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Come back when you grow up.

For the last time, I'm not short.
I just have a tremendously long penis
and I look short in comparison.

Lumpy

You Played on Lawrence Welk?
Yes but no blue notes. Just blue hairs.

www.LumpyMusic.com

Its twelve inches long.

But as a rule, he seldom uses it.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email:

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com

Beer Steve B[_10_] Metalworking 14 August 6th 10 10:47 AM
Beer. ian field[_2_] Electronic Schematics 2 December 20th 09 05:49 PM
Private Banking Made Simple - because patsy wasted American Soldiers will just refuse to defend American values - Torture is a crime against God and Humanity. - Bush closed 911 investigations according to the FBI. Gunner Asch[_4_] Woodworking 0 February 9th 09 02:40 AM
DIY Beer Andrew McKay UK diy 47 March 22nd 05 11:40 AM
American Only (was: charge an american device in Europe) Adrian Brentnall Electronics Repair 0 January 18th 05 08:14 AM