DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Transistor ID... (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/311613-transistor-id.html)

tmcw October 13th 10 10:08 PM

Transistor ID...

Posted this at sci.electronics.basics; got redirected to here. Hope
someone can help:

Have a broken inverter on a 2000fp Dell LCD monitor.

One of the transistors is visibly fried on the board.

Can anyone help me ID what type of transistor it is, and where I
could
source a replacement?

Markings on it: DT QX

Q12 in the photo linked below.

Photo: http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/u...0fp_Invert.jpg

Thanks.

who where October 14th 10 01:34 AM

Transistor ID...

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:08:51 -0700 (PDT), tmcw
wrote:

Posted this at sci.electronics.basics; got redirected to here. Hope
someone can help:

Have a broken inverter on a 2000fp Dell LCD monitor.

One of the transistors is visibly fried on the board.

Can anyone help me ID what type of transistor it is, and where I
could
source a replacement?

Markings on it: DT QX

Q12 in the photo linked below.

Photo: http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/u...0fp_Invert.jpg

have a peek at
http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...ghlight=2000fp

and the SMD codebook lists DT as:

SGS BCW67AR SOT23R PNP 32V 0.8A Hfe 100min

[email protected] October 14th 10 07:43 PM

Transistor ID...

wrote:

Posted this at sci.electronics.basics; got redirected to here. Hope
someone can help:

Have a broken inverter on a 2000fp Dell LCD monitor.

One of the transistors is visibly fried on the board.

Can anyone help me ID what type of transistor it is, and where I
could
source a replacement?

Markings on it: DT QX

Q12 in the photo linked below.

Photo: http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/u...0fp_Invert.jpg

Thanks.

Per http://www.s-manuals.com/smd/dt it is a Rohm 2SD2391
Sources include both Mouser and Digikey in the US, eBay in the UK, and
countless sites in the Far East.

PlainBill

Cydrome Leader October 14th 10 08:52 PM

Transistor ID...

tmcw wrote:
Posted this at sci.electronics.basics; got redirected to here. Hope
someone can help:

Have a broken inverter on a 2000fp Dell LCD monitor.

One of the transistors is visibly fried on the board.

Can anyone help me ID what type of transistor it is, and where I
could
source a replacement?

Markings on it: DT QX

Q12 in the photo linked below.

Photo: http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/u...0fp_Invert.jpg

Thanks.

I sort of like the layout of that board.

I was just working on a Vivitar 285 camera flash- talk about pile of junk
that looks like, and was designed in the 1970s. Parts crammed in every
direction, wires all over the place, strange daughterboards, junk and
spacers that just fall out once you open it etc. Yuck.

tmcw October 15th 10 09:34 AM

Transistor ID...

Thanks everyone for the info (and thanks for the post at badcaps as
well, PlainBill).

Have sourced a seller on eBay UK, so I'm good to try this one
component in the first instance. I got the monitor for nothing, so
it's worth a punt at least.

Cheers.

[email protected] October 15th 10 07:07 PM

Transistor ID...

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 01:34:24 -0700 (PDT), tmcw
wrote:

Thanks everyone for the info (and thanks for the post at badcaps as
well, PlainBill).

Have sourced a seller on eBay UK, so I'm good to try this one
component in the first instance. I got the monitor for nothing, so
it's worth a punt at least.

Cheers.

This circuit is a Royer oscillator, infamous for failures in Benq,
Dell, and HP monitors. Always replace both transistors if one is bad.
Also resolder the inverter transformer, and check for shorted diodes.
The poly capacitor is also an item of concern - make sure it's
properly soldered.

Good luck

PlainBill

[email protected] October 15th 10 07:12 PM

Transistor ID...

wrote:

Thanks everyone for the info (and thanks for the post at badcaps as
well, PlainBill).

Have sourced a seller on eBay UK, so I'm good to try this one
component in the first instance. I got the monitor for nothing, so
it's worth a punt at least.

Cheers.

In the UK they are available from Farnell.

PlainBill