DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help identifying SMD transistor (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/310516-help-identifying-smd-transistor.html)

Clyde September 23rd 10 09:07 AM

Help identifying SMD transistor

Hi, can anyone identify a transistor for me, this is from a LCD monitor
inverter board. The markings on the transistor are DJ R

Sotiris Antoniou September 23rd 10 12:34 PM

"Clyde" wrote in message

Hi, can anyone identify a transistor for me, this is from a LCD monitor
inverter board. The markings on the transistor are DJ R

Hello .
can you send us the LCD brand-model number.

Sotos.

[email protected] September 23rd 10 07:46 PM

Help identifying SMD transistor

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:34:24 +0300, "Sotiris Antoniou"
wrote:

"Clyde" wrote in message

Hi, can anyone identify a transistor for me, this is from a LCD monitor
inverter board. The markings on the transistor are DJ R

Hello .
can you send us the LCD brand-model number.

Sotos.

And a picture of the transistor or better yet, the package style, and
the location identifier would be a big help.

Now, because I'm smarter than average (Arfa Daily taught me well), the
information you seek might be he http://www.s-manuals.com/smd/dj

PlainBill

Clyde September 28th 10 12:57 AM

wrote:

wrote in message

Hi, can anyone identify a transistor for me, this is from a LCD monitor
inverter board. The markings on the transistor are DJ R

Hello .
can you send us the LCD brand-model number.

Sotos.

And a picture of the transistor or better yet, the package style, and
the location identifier would be a big help.

Now, because I'm smarter than average (Arfa Daily taught me well), the
information you seek might be he
http://www.s-manuals.com/smd/dj

PlainBill

Sorry mistake in my post, the markings are DJ RE. The Monitor is a
Digimate L-1715 17 inch.

Some research I have found transistors labelled RE that are high
frequency, I wonder if these are the ones, as they appear to drive the
transformer that feeds the backlight.

Only problem I'm having is sourcing them cheap.

Clyde September 28th 10 01:01 AM

wrote:

wrote in message

Hi, can anyone identify a transistor for me, this is from a LCD monitor
inverter board. The markings on the transistor are DJ R

Hello .
can you send us the LCD brand-model number.

Sotos.

And a picture of the transistor or better yet, the package style, and
the location identifier would be a big help.

Now, because I'm smarter than average (Arfa Daily taught me well), the
information you seek might be he
http://www.s-manuals.com/smd/dj

PlainBill

Sorry mistake in my post, the markings are DJ RE. The Monitor is a
Digimate L-1715 17 inch.

Some research I have found transistors labelled RE that are high
frequency, I wonder if these are the ones, as they appear to drive the
transformer that feeds the backlight.

Only problem I'm having is sourcing them cheap.

By the way the inverter PCB is labelled IV185030HX. It drives 2 CCFL
tubes so has duplicate circuitry for each side.

The bad side has so far had a few bad components replaced.

[email protected] September 28th 10 08:34 PM

Help identifying SMD transistor

wrote:

wrote in message

Hi, can anyone identify a transistor for me, this is from a LCD monitor
inverter board. The markings on the transistor are DJ R

Hello .
can you send us the LCD brand-model number.

Sotos.

And a picture of the transistor or better yet, the package style, and
the location identifier would be a big help.

Now, because I'm smarter than average (Arfa Daily taught me well), the
information you seek might be he
http://www.s-manuals.com/smd/dj

PlainBill

Sorry mistake in my post, the markings are DJ RE. The Monitor is a
Digimate L-1715 17 inch.

Some research I have found transistors labelled RE that are high
frequency, I wonder if these are the ones, as they appear to drive the
transformer that feeds the backlight.

Only problem I'm having is sourcing them cheap.

I'm not noted for patience with the obtuse. Read the datasheet.

The parts are made by Rohm. DJ identifies the part number -
2SD2098. The R specifies the gain - R being the high gain version. E
indicates a production date, lot, factory, etc.

As far as a supplier, if you live in the USA you can buy them from
Digikey at $.80 each. Shipping will run about $2.50 IF you specify
first class mail.

Without even looking up the monitor, I can tell you the inverter uses
a pair of Royer oscillators; two transistors are used on each
oscillator. Common failure points are bad solder joints on the
transformers, a failure of the timing cap, or a shorted diode.

PlainBill