Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I can't get the
damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a tough little unit,
with a die-cast metal chassis set into a thick rugged plastic
(polypropylene?) case, that can sit on top of a mike stand. Similar to
this one: http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp. The front of the chassis has 6
screws into the case, and there's one on the back I removed, but I still
can't get the chassis out of the case. I tried prying the case, thinking
there might be some cast-in lugs I could open, but no luck, and I didn't
want to risk chewing up the edge of the case.

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

Specifically, No....But I have sometimes found that they like to hide screws
underneath the pasted on rubber feet, so you might investigate that. Also,
inspect the cover carefully to see exactly which panels are welded to what
other panels, and you might get a clue as to where the screws have to be in
order for it to come apart......

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

On 9/12/2010 11:17 PM Bill Graham spake thus:

[...]

Nope, no feet on the bottom.

Also, inspect the cover carefully to see exactly which panels are
welded to what other panels, and you might get a clue as to where the
screws have to be in order for it to come apart......

Nothing's welded to anything. Just a diecast chassis set into a plastic
case that surrounds it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

On 13/09/2010 08:32, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Nothing's welded to anything. Just a diecast chassis set into a plastic
case that surrounds it.

Do the control knobs on the front come off to reveal spindle nuts?

--
Adrian C

Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp thanatoid Electronics Repair 1 September 13th 10 08:32 AM
Long ago in a distant galaxy SteveB[_9_] Metalworking 8 September 3rd 09 10:08 PM
Galaxy Alarms SMS SantaUK UK diy 0 June 18th 09 07:01 PM
WTD:astrowars/epoch galaxy II schematic superdvd Electronics Repair 0 September 9th 06 03:33 AM
"Cracking Open" A Kodak Carousel 4400 [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 November 21st 05 04:50 PM