Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA VCR VR651HF Loading Motor Source

Hi,

RCA VCR model VR651HF

I am looking for a source to order a loading motor (front loader).
My RCA parts sources told me this motor is "no longer available".
Note: I don't have SM, therefore I don't have the RCA part number.

I found one site on the web that claims to have it, but there is
a $300.00 minimum order.

Here are numbers on the motor:

MDH2B
62YK1418A

Thank You in Advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:35:13 -0400, put finger
to keyboard and composed:

RCA VCR model VR651HF

I am looking for a source to order a loading motor (front loader).

Here are numbers on the motor:

MDH2B
62YK1418A

According to this post ...

http://www.fixya.com/support/t351269...g_motor_bad_in

.... the loading motor in a Toshiba W-512 VCR bears the numbers, MDH2B
and 62YK1X05A. I suspect the latter is a serial number or batch code.

If so, then a loading motor is available from Sears for US$3.19:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...BA&searchTerm=

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:20:13 +1000, Franc Zabkar
put finger to keyboard and composed:

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:35:13 -0400, put finger
to keyboard and composed:

RCA VCR model VR651HF

I am looking for a source to order a loading motor (front loader).

Here are numbers on the motor:

MDH2B
62YK1418A

According to this post ...

http://www.fixya.com/support/t351269...g_motor_bad_in

... the loading motor in a Toshiba W-512 VCR bears the numbers, MDH2B
and 62YK1X05A. I suspect the latter is a serial number or batch code.

If so, then a loading motor is available from Sears for US$3.19:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...BA&searchTerm=

FWIW, Sears have parts for the RCA VR651HF:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...&prst=&shdMod=

However, the RCA loading motor is no longer available, whereas the
motor for the W-512 is in stock.

It may be worth comparing the parts lists, though. They look very
similar.

- Franc Zabkar