DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   del1702fp monitor (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/309308-del1702fp-monitor.html)

ajd15 September 3rd 10 12:51 AM

del1702fp monitor

I have a 1702fp monitor that died. The power light is on but the
screen is blank. I need a manual or some sugestions on a repair
approach.

Thanks
Tony

Bob Villa September 3rd 10 01:03 AM

del1702fp monitor

On Sep 2, 6:51*pm, ajd15 wrote:
I have a 1702fp monitor that died. The power light is on but the
screen is blank. I need a manual or some sugestions on a repair
approach.

Thanks
Tony

It's most likely the the tube/inverter. If you shine a flashlight on
it can you make out anything on the display? (I'm assuming a 17" flat
panel?)
Even if you fix this yourself...you would be better off buying a new
FP (or a used one) price wise.

who where September 3rd 10 01:32 AM

del1702fp monitor

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 16:51:30 -0700 (PDT), ajd15
wrote:

I have a 1702fp monitor that died. The power light is on but the
screen is blank. I need a manual or some sugestions on a repair
approach.

Visit www.badcaps.net, register (free, no catches) and post a
description there. Be nice and the resident gurus will guide you
though a repair job.

Jeff Liebermann September 3rd 10 01:32 AM

del1702fp monitor

wrote:

I have a 1702fp monitor that died. The power light is on but the
screen is blank. I need a manual or some sugestions on a repair
approach.

Sounds familiar. Blown electrolytic capacitors. Find and replace:
http://ccl-la.com/LCDrepair12.htm
http://www.instructables.com/id/FREE-17%22-LCD-Monitor---How-to-do-it%3F/
When you look for replacement caps (i.e. eBay, Digikey, Mouser, etc),
be sure to get 105C low-ESR caps.

PS... reading the manual is a sign of weakness, inexperience, and
desperation. You probably don't need a manual for this repair.
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

John Keiser September 3rd 10 03:36 AM

del1702fp monitor

If not the caps, the transistors that drive the inverters are also a known
issue. Kits available on eBay for about $5 delivered [via Hong Kong].
If you don't see a bulge, an ESR meter will test the caps [mine were all
good], leading me to discover the 2 shorted transistors. Now fine.