DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony LCD TV Model KDL-32XBR4 with Colored Vertical Lines Across Screen (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/308164-sony-lcd-tv-model-kdl-32xbr4-colored-vertical-lines-across-screen.html)

[email protected] August 15th 10 06:04 PM

Sony LCD TV Model KDL-32XBR4 with Colored Vertical Lines Across Screen

Hi,

I am a TV service technician working on a Sony LCD TV
model KDL-32XBR4 with colored vertical lines across the screen.
I have worked on many CRT TVs, but not many LCD TVs yet.

I don't have the SM for this TV. A web search was not
very productive on the cause of this problem.

Has anyone repaired a problem like this?

Thank You in Advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

Franc Zabkar August 15th 10 08:38 PM

Sony LCD TV Model KDL-32XBR4 with Colored Vertical Lines Across Screen

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 13:04:58 -0400, put finger
to keyboard and composed:

I am a TV service technician working on a Sony LCD TV
model KDL-32XBR4 with colored vertical lines across the screen.
I have worked on many CRT TVs, but not many LCD TVs yet.

I don't have the SM for this TV.

According to Google, your set has a WAX3 chassis.

Here are several Google hits for service manuals for sets
incorporating the WAX3 chassis:

http://www.go-gddq.com/upload/2009_0...1910005570.pdf

http://www.go-gddq.com/upload/2009_0...1412145687.pdf

http://www.go-gddq.com/upload/2009_0...1413392117.pdf

- Franc Zabkar

[email protected] August 15th 10 10:01 PM

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 13:04:58 -0400, wrote:

Hi,

I am a TV service technician working on a Sony LCD TV
model KDL-32XBR4 with colored vertical lines across the screen.
I have worked on many CRT TVs, but not many LCD TVs yet.

I don't have the SM for this TV. A web search was not
very productive on the cause of this problem.

Has anyone repaired a problem like this?

Thank You in Advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

Two possible causes

T-con (usually behind a shield at the top of the LCD panel. The
cable from the main board connects to it.

Bad LCD panel.

The service manual is available at
www.elektrotanya.com

PlainBill