DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   GE Cordless Phone Speaker Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/304784-ge-cordless-phone-speaker-problem.html)

qquito June 14th 10 02:26 AM

GE Cordless Phone Speaker Problem

Dear Everyone:

I have used my GE cordless phone for several years. It stopped working
suddenly a couple of days ago. The problem is as follows: When I pick
up the speaker and press the PHONE button, the red light flashes
quickly about a dozen times and, then the speaker beeps 4 times before
the red light goes off automatically. (When the phone works normally,
the red light persists and, you can proceed to dial a number.)

I first thought probably the rechargeable battery was dying, and
bought a new one from WalMart and replaced the old one with the new
one. However, the same problem persists.

Could anyone tell what the problem is and what I should do?

Thank you for reading and replying!

--Roland

hr(bob) [email protected] June 14th 10 03:43 AM

On Jun 13, 8:26*pm, qquito wrote:
Dear Everyone:

I have used my GE cordless phone for several years. It stopped working
suddenly a couple of days ago. The problem is as follows: When I pick
up the speaker and press the PHONE button, the red light flashes
quickly about a dozen times and, then the speaker beeps 4 times before
the red light goes off automatically. (When the phone works normally,
the red light persists and, you can proceed to dial a number.)

I first thought probably the rechargeable battery was dying, and
bought a new one from WalMart and replaced the old one with the new
one. However, the same problem persists.

Could anyone tell what the problem is and what I should do?

Thank you for reading and replying!

--Roland

Did you check to see if the new battery was fully charged? Find
someone with a voltmeter to check. The charger on the base station
may have gone bad.

qquito June 14th 10 07:52 AM

GE Cordless Phone Speaker Problem

On Jun 13, 10:43*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Jun 13, 8:26*pm, qquito wrote:

Did you check to see if the new battery was fully charged? *Find
someone with a voltmeter to check. *The charger on the base station
may have gone bad.

Thank you for reminding!

The cordless phone uses a set of 3 rechargeable batteries. Now it is 2
days since I replaced the batteries and, I assume there is enough
charge.

I also removed the 4 screws and opened the base station and did not
find anything there resembling a battery.

--Roland

qquito June 16th 10 09:41 PM

GE Cordless Phone Speaker Problem

On Jun 15, 2:04*am, JR North wrote:
No comm with the handset.
JR

Thank you for the input, though I do not understand what you mean.

--Roland