DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   3 more Orangutans charged in Tipton murder case (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/304617-3-more-orangutans-charged-tipton-murder-case.html)

Lynn[_9_] June 10th 10 01:03 PM

3 more Orangutans charged in Tipton murder case

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news...n-murder-case#

TIPTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Wednesday evening, Tipton County Sheriffs picked
up three males in connection to the murder case of Starr Harris. All
three are being charged with coercion of a witness in the investigation
and were picked up in Tipton and Shelby County.

The three males charged are 25-year old Pierre Marta Richardson, 25-year
old Kevin Dewayne Bell, and 23-year old Allen Michael Bell.

30-year old Rickey A. Bell Jr. was arraigned Thursday on charges of
aggravated kidnapping and felony murder. He did not plea because he has
not hired an attorney at this point.

After being taken into custody at a Raleigh apartment complex Tuesday
afternoon, Bell was driven from Shelby County to the Tipton County Jail.

Just 4 months ago Bell was released from prison in Pennsylvania where he
spent 13 years. Prison officials say he was released last February after
being sentenced to carjacking among other charges in December 1997.

An investigation has revealed Juvenile Court in Tipton County, where
Bell grew up, sent him to a treatment center in Pennsylvania in the mid
1990's at the age of 15. His criminal background there shows more than
30 charges. They include aggravated assault, escape and robbery of a
motor vehicle, Tennessee's equivalent of carjacking.

"When I hired him I had been told he was in jail for riding in a stolen
car. I didn't know anything else other than that," said Rick Harris.
Harris, the husband of 36 year-old Starr Harris said he didn't want to
jump to judgment when he hired Bell to work for his family landscaping
business.

"I give people a lot of jobs in this area throughout the year and try to
help and you just don't ever know," he said.

Harris was found beaten to death June 1st behind her home in Drummonds,
TN. Besides being an employee, Bell was also Harris' neighbor, living
just around the corner. Rick Harris said Bell went to the home the day
his wife was killed, upset about his paycheck.

"I rode with the guy. I never saw anger from this fella. Would have
never thought," he said.

Bell is due back in court June 22nd.