Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Replacement EEPROM

The TI TBP18SA030 is a 16 pin fusible link PROM.
32 X 8 bits.

Anybody got some suggestions on what I can use for a replacement?
The SN74S188 is supposed to be the same, but that doesn't solve
my problem.

I'm looking for something along the lines of 27C64 or such.
I don't mind making up a 16 - 28 pin adapter.

Thanks
Jeff

--
“Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.”
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954

http://www.stay-connect.com
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jeffrey D Angus wrote:
The TI TBP18SA030 is a 16 pin fusible link PROM.
32 X 8 bits.

Anybody got some suggestions on what I can use for a replacement?
The SN74S188 is supposed to be the same, but that doesn't solve
my problem.

it looks like still make it in extended temp rage in a ceramic case as
JBP18S030MJ. I wonder who still uses these or what they're fixing
with them.

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/jbp18s030.pdf

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 28, 1:09*pm, Jeffrey D Angus wrote:
The TI TBP18SA030 is a 16 pin fusible link PROM.
32 X 8 bits.

Anybody got some suggestions on what I can use for a replacement?

Well, just about any PAL with five inputs and eight outputs...

I'm looking for something along the lines of 27C64 or such.
I don't mind making up a 16 - 28 pin adapter.

It's for a onesie? Maybe 28F64 would be easier than 27C64 to
program... neither is going to be as fast as the TBP18SA030
(about 30 ns, I think).
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The Control Signal Corporation (CSC) of Denver, CO used this PROM (U1) in their model CWID-50B and -51B
Automatic Station Identifiers with FCC licensed Land Mobile or Amateur Radio Repeaters.
The PROM held the Morse Code (CW) message -- typically FCC license callsign.
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/jbp18s030.pdf

CSC CWID-50B : Owner's Manual
http://www.repeater-builder.com/othe...dentifiers.pdf

The original 16-pin TTL PROM (32 x 8) -- TBP18SA030 -- is obsolete (no longer production) and the 1970s programmers are rare to find.
You can DIY Build an adapter to allow the usage of the more readily available 27Cxxx / 28Cxxx series EPROMS.
The CSC CWID-50B manual walks you through what each bit on the PROM is used for.

gb