DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Remote control modulator & demodulator (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/302255-remote-control-modulator-demodulator.html)

[email protected] April 28th 10 09:54 PM

Remote control modulator & demodulator

Hi Good Pals,
I'm designing an infrared remote controlled circuit with at least
6 functions. I need ICs that can transmit(thru LED)codes or modulate
signals(from the keypad) and a corresponding ic that will decode or
demodulate the signalsa to activate the loads. A matching circuit for
the IC or circuit of any kind similar to mine will be welcome.
Thanks

Arfa Daily April 29th 10 02:36 AM

wrote in message
Hi Good Pals,
I'm designing an infrared remote controlled circuit with at least
6 functions. I need ICs that can transmit(thru LED)codes or modulate
signals(from the keypad) and a corresponding ic that will decode or
demodulate the signalsa to activate the loads. A matching circuit for
the IC or circuit of any kind similar to mine will be welcome.
Thanks

Any old IC producing RC5 or whatever code will do at your sending end. I
would think that the easiest thing to do would be to break down an old
remote control handset, and cull all the necessary parts to make your custom
sender. I'm not sure if there are any dedicated decoder ICs still available
these days though. As far as I know, just about every piece of equipment
that uses remote control, carries out the decoding as a background task of
the system control processor. It would, however, be a trivial job to program
a PIC to do the job, and I am sure that ready written code modules for just
about any commonly used data format, would be readily available for free
download on the 'net.

Arfa

Cydrome Leader May 3rd 10 08:31 PM

Arfa Daily wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Radio Shack (yeah, this was long ago) used to sell matched modules for
this, but I don't have any and am not sure what was inside the modules. It
must have been something pretty cheap and off the shelf though.