DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Telephone extensions (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/301779-telephone-extensions.html)

M.Joshi April 21st 10 01:12 AM

Telephone extensions

Hello,

What is the easiest way to connect three separate telephone extensions to a BT main socket?

The BT socket is an NTE5 i.e. One half can be removed to connect extensions.

I am considering using a junction box as it is unlikely that 3 telephone extensions will all connect to the IDC terminals on the NTE5.

Chris Bartram[_2_] April 21st 10 08:31 AM

Telephone extensions

On 21/04/2010 01:12, M.Joshi wrote:
Hello,

What is the easiest way to connect three separate telephone extensions
to a BT main socket?

The BT socket is an NTE5 i.e. One half can be removed to connect
extensions.

I am considering using a junction box as it is unlikely that 3
telephone extensions will all connect to the IDC terminals on the NTE5.

It depends on layout. You could just daisy-chain them.

Dave Plowman (News) April 21st 10 09:51 AM

Telephone extensions

In article ,
M.Joshi wrote:
What is the easiest way to connect three separate telephone extensions
to a BT main socket?

The BT socket is an NTE5 i.e. One half can be removed to connect
extensions.

I am considering using a junction box as it is unlikely that 3
telephone extensions will all connect to the IDC terminals on the NTE5.

They are designed to take three lots of wires.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

M.Joshi April 23rd 10 12:35 AM

I was told today that the standard IDC terminals on BT sockets will each reliably take 2 wires and that a third will fall out?

Dave Plowman (News) April 23rd 10 08:19 AM

Telephone extensions

In article ,
M.Joshi wrote:
They are designed to take three lots of wires.

I was told today that the standard IDC terminals on BT sockets will
each reliably take 2 wires and that a third will fall out?

Not so - they were designed from the start for 'in' 'out' and 'spur'. But
of course only if using the correct cables.

--
*With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.*