DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   will have to watch Cardinals game in b/w! (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/301559-will-have-watch-cardinals-game-b-w.html)

s April 17th 10 12:58 PM

will have to watch Cardinals game in b/w!

the power rectifier on my philips tv went. Its a BYV29-400 rated at
9A.
Immediately available are either a BYT12-1000 rated at 12A and
BYT08-400 which is 8A. I ve ordered a BYV29 but I will have wait a
few days for it. I have another backup TV but its (gasp) b/w !

I was thinking of trying one of the BYTs ? I could swap it in in time
for the cardinals game this Sunday.
When choosing equivilent rectifiers would you go for the higher rated
12A or the closer 8A ? thx

Sam