DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Repair Shops in Orlando Area (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/301486-repair-shops-orlando-area.html)

Chris F.[_2_] April 15th 10 03:58 PM

Repair Shops in Orlando Area

I recently sold a Beta VCR on Ebay, it was in perfect shape when I mailed
it but the buyer says it won't take a tape. Since the return shipping to
Canada would be super expensive, I've suggested he take it to a local shop
and I'll reimburse him for the cost of the repair (I doubt it's anything
serious). The buyer however is wary of taking it to a shop, and rightly so,
because of the tarnished reputation of that industry. He's going to ask
around, but in the meantime, I thought I'd ask if anyone here knows of a
reputable shop in the Orlando area, that would be able to service Beta
VCR's.
Thanks.

PeterD April 15th 10 10:53 PM

Repair Shops in Orlando Area

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 07:58:03 -0700, "Chris F."
wrote:

I recently sold a Beta VCR on Ebay, it was in perfect shape when I mailed
it but the buyer says it won't take a tape. Since the return shipping to
Canada would be super expensive, I've suggested he take it to a local shop
and I'll reimburse him for the cost of the repair (I doubt it's anything
serious). The buyer however is wary of taking it to a shop, and rightly so,
because of the tarnished reputation of that industry. He's going to ask
around, but in the meantime, I thought I'd ask if anyone here knows of a
reputable shop in the Orlando area, that would be able to service Beta
VCR's.
Thanks.

Refund his money, (all including shipping), appologize for the
problems, and tell him to keep the recorder.