DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LCR capacitors UK (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/298167-lcr-capacitors-uk.html)

N_Cook February 14th 10 11:19 AM

LCR capacitors UK

Of 20 years ago, light blue plastic cylinders 15mm long 6mm diameter, radial
format.
With numbers like 22 GY 2 and 390 JY 2 (sic) on them for 22pF and 390pF so
large for their size . But what would number 4257 GY 2 mean , in same
package. And as standardised package, what sort of voltages, no info that I
can find on lcrcapacitors.co.uk. I removed and measured a couple of them but
the 4257 is in an awkward place. Another one is marked 1206 GY 2 , again any
ideas?

N_Cook February 14th 10 12:59 PM

LCR capacitors UK

N_Cook wrote in message
Of 20 years ago, light blue plastic cylinders 15mm long 6mm diameter,

radial
format.
With numbers like 22 GY 2 and 390 JY 2 (sic) on them for 22pF and 390pF so
large for their size . But what would number 4257 GY 2 mean , in same
package. And as standardised package, what sort of voltages, no info that

can find on lcrcapacitors.co.uk. I removed and measured a couple of them

but
the 4257 is in an awkward place. Another one is marked 1206 GY 2 , again

any
ideas?

Too logical for me
4257 stands for 4257 pF
Ended up removing one , so E12 series presumably +/-10% and specials
+/-0.01% in the same package and same GY 2 type designation