Posted to sci.electronics.repair
G B G B is offline

Default Info on TCL monitor 14001 in Big Electronics Games cabinet

I'm looking for some information on a TCL monitor model 14001. It is inside
of a Big Electronic Games cabinet. The picture on the display is
horizontally centered, but vertically starts the first visible scan line at
about 2/3 of the way down the display. (i.e. 2/3 of the display is black,
the last 1/3 has a picture) I believe I have a deflection problem, but
don't know where to start looking. Does anyone have any
information/schematics on this CRT monitor. It has a standard NTSC
video/audio jack. It appears to be a stripped down TV.

-Greg

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jan 24, 7:56*pm, "G B" wrote:
I'm looking for some information on a TCL monitor model 14001. *It is inside
of a Big Electronic Games cabinet. *The picture on the display is
horizontally centered, but vertically starts the first visible scan line at
about 2/3 of the way down the display. (i.e. 2/3 of the display is black,
the last 1/3 has a picture) *I believe I have a deflection problem, but
don't know where to start looking. *Does anyone have any
information/schematics on this CRT monitor. *It has a standard NTSC
video/audio jack. *It appears to be a stripped down TV.

-Greg

Is the remainder of the picture compressed into the bottom third, or
is it more like the vertical centering is just way off too low?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jan 26, 9:05*pm, "G B" wrote:
"hr(bob) " wrote in message
news:db3578d1-7f4b-4007-b5e7-4ba730d0b__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...__END_MASK_i ...
On Jan 24, 7:56 pm, "G B" wrote:
I'm looking for some information on a TCL monitor model 14001. It is
inside
of a Big Electronic Games cabinet. The picture on the display is
horizontally centered, but vertically starts the first visible scan line
at
about 2/3 of the way down the display. (i.e. 2/3 of the display is black,
the last 1/3 has a picture) I believe I have a deflection problem, but
don't know where to start looking. Does anyone have any
information/schematics on this CRT monitor. It has a standard NTSC
video/audio jack. It appears to be a stripped down TV.

-Greg

Is the remainder of the picture compressed into the bottom third, or
is it more like the vertical centering is just way off too low?

It is like the vertical centering is way low. *I was attempting to find a
vertical deflection transistor and caps around it, but it isn't apparent
from glancing at where the deflection signals feed into the circuit board..
I didn't see any apparent bad solder...- Hide quoted text -

I would look for an electrolytic that is in series with the vertical
deflection coils. It may be leaky. If it was open, there would be no
vertical deflection at all, but if it is leaky, some DC may be flowing
through the yoke and that is causing the off-centeredness. Start at
the yoke and traceback to the chassis.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
G B G B is offline

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On Jan 24, 7:56 pm, "G B" wrote:
[...]

I have found the STV9302A vertical deflection amp, I am going to check
there with a scope and look for proper signals. I suspect the cap is off
the legs of it in the feed back loop... I'll let you know what I find.
Thanks for the advice.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I have same game cabinet.. I'm aware this was first created in 2010.. I turn on the switch and the monitor shows some colors vertically and then a bright dot about 6 inches across and that's it.. any suggestions