Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default W.E. 8a amplifier

Does anybody know where I might get a copy of the circuit diagram of a
Western Electric 8a amplifier?

These were used to drive the cutterheads in early electrical recording
systems and I particularly need to find out what switchable bass-cut
facilities were fitted as standard.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Adrian Tuddenham wrote:

Does anybody know where I might get a copy of the circuit diagram of a
Western Electric 8a amplifier?

These were used to drive the cutterheads in early electrical recording
systems and I particularly need to find out what switchable bass-cut
facilities were fitted as standard.

Ask on news:rec.antiques.radio+phono

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Adrian Tuddenham wrote:

Does anybody know where I might get a copy of the circuit diagram of a
Western Electric 8a amplifier?

These were used to drive the cutterheads in early electrical recording
systems and I particularly need to find out what switchable bass-cut
facilities were fitted as standard.

Ask on news:rec.antiques.radio+phono

Thanks.

I've now located a copy of the basic circuit, but I think there were
modifications to the ones they supplied as recording amplifiers. There
are unexplained notes in the recording logs of some record companies
that used them and the general concensus is that they refer to pre-set
degrees of bass-cut. Listening tests suggest that at least one extra
pole of bass-cut was used, sometime two.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk