Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment
JW JW is offline

Default Wayne Kerr 3245 inductance analyzer with bad deflection board

Repairing a Wayne Kerr 3245 inductance analyzer that has a bad CRT
board. C311 located between the yoke connector and the flyback
transformer is missing - judging from the capacitor "fuzz" all over the
board it looks like it exploded. There are no remains inside the unit so
I can't identify what the cap's value and voltage was, but it was a
largish one about 3/4" in diameter that's in series with a heavy
inductor and the yoke itself. The deflection board is marked:
Computron 115DMX 36-138-01B. I do have a service manual, and it covers
two different deflection boards, but of course neither one is close to
the board in this unit. Emails to Wayne Kerr have been ignored for the
most part.

I suppose someone has removed the part's remains, but never repaired the
analyzer. Does anyone have any service data on this board or have one that
they could take a look at to get the caps value? I believe that this
monitor assembly was used in many other devices as well.

Thanks for any help.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment

On Dec 11, 2:09*am, JW wrote:
Repairing a Wayne Kerr 3245 inductance analyzer that has a bad CRT
board. C311 located between the yoke connector and the flyback
transformer is missing - judging from the capacitor "fuzz" all over the
board it looks like it exploded.

The deflection board is marked:
Computron 115DMX 36-138-01B. I do have a service manual, and it covers
two different deflection boards, but of course neither one is close to
the board in this unit. Emails to Wayne Kerr have been ignored for the
most part.

So, can you reverse-engineer using the manuals? If the capacitor
is part of the vertical-deflection circuitry, and the ICs that drive
that vertical deflection match one of your service-manual examples,
the component value should be easy to find. You may need to
trace wires, of course.

In my experience, the big capacitor near the yoke connector
is for vertical deflection...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

GUEST wrote:
[...]

Hi, JW. I just posted a response to
your inquiry, but it appears that I posted it incorrecly. The correct
post follows below:

"Hi, JW. I recently acquired a 3245 inductance analyzer. The
capacitor you are referring is a 47 uF/50V electrolytic. It appears
to be non-polaryzed, as I can not see any polarity mark.

In my 3245, this capacitor gets warm after several minutes of
operation. So I think I will replace the capacitor for a new one, to
prevent it to cause any damage in the future.

I hope this information is useful to you. Also, if you have the
operation and or service manuals for the analyzer I would like to
have a copy, if you can email or copy (I would pay the duplication
cost, if any). "

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 00:47:03 -0500
lid (jjke) wrote in Message
id: :

GUEST wrote:
[...]

Hi jjke,

Unfortunately, I no longer work for the company where I was working on the
unit. They still have the hard copy manual, so I'm afraid I can't help
you. Thanks for the reply, though.

We did purchase the manual direct from Wayne Kerr, I'm sure they'll sell
you one if you need it.

relay coil inductance Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 133 September 17th 09 12:26 AM
Wayne Ignoramus30547 Metalworking 1 March 16th 09 01:54 PM
WARNING, WAYNE. OT OT OT OT OT OT OT OT SteveB[_9_] Metalworking 0 January 31st 09 02:54 AM
ISO Wayne in Shamrock Tx Rex B Metalworking 2 January 29th 05 04:49 PM
Rewinding pc coil for 9-1270 Zenith boards ?? anyone know inductance? 9-1270-02 9-1270-3 mod# SR3587DT Dave Moore Electronics Repair 3 September 4th 03 11:25 PM