DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   F-type HDTV booster antenna (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/293416-f-type-hdtv-booster-antenna.html)

[email protected] December 7th 09 12:21 AM

F-type HDTV booster antenna

I have a SUpersonic portable HDTV with inconsistent reception.

If I got an amp or another antenna, I'd have to spend forever finding
the right (f-type) connector. I've seen both amps and booster antennae
for under $2 and the new TVs all have the booster type of antenna.

ANy clue where to find the right antenna in one piece at good price?

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2

AZ Nomad[_2_] December 7th 09 12:52 AM

F-type HDTV booster antenna

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 00:21:30 +0000 (UTC), wrote:
I have a SUpersonic portable HDTV with inconsistent reception.

If I got an amp or another antenna, I'd have to spend forever finding
the right (f-type) connector. I've seen both amps and booster antennae
for under $2 and the new TVs all have the booster type of antenna.

ANy clue where to find the right antenna in one piece at good price?

There is no difference in spectrum between HDTV and VHF/UHF signals. Shop for
an antenna and/or amplifier for VHF/UHF and it'll handle HDTV.

Jeff Liebermann December 8th 09 02:43 AM

F-type HDTV booster antenna

wrote:

I have a SUpersonic portable HDTV with inconsistent reception.

Ok, you're receiving a lousy signal or have too many reflections.

If I got an amp or another antenna, I'd have to spend forever finding
the right (f-type) connector. I've seen both amps and booster antennae
for under $2 and the new TVs all have the booster type of antenna.

ANy clue where to find the right antenna in one piece at good price?

I'll assume an outdoor antenna. If you're going to play indoor
antenna see:
http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/info.aspx?page=indoor

Find a good location to install the antenna. Plan on pointing it at
the station you want to hear. Use one of several online antenna
aiming and antenna selection tools:
http://www.antennaweb.org
http://www.tvfool.com
If you have multiple directions to deal with, plan on getting a
rotator.

Pick a suitable antenna based upon the required gain. In general, the
bigger and uglier the antenna, the better they work. Anything by
Winegard or Channel Master is good enough. You might need an antenna
amplifier, which should be mounted at or on the antenna. Use RG-59 or
bettery RG-6/u coaxial cable, not twinlead. The style of antenna will
be dependent on how much room you have, whether you need both VHF and
UHF reception, and of course, cost.

I don't know what you're looking at, but all decent TV hardware uses F
connectors. If you're playing around with twinlead and "booster amps"
your probably looking at junk.

# 831-336-2558
#
http://802.11junk.com