DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   RCA 36V430T Chassis ITC008HYN turns on and off repeatedly. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/291103-rca-36v430t-chassis-itc008hyn-turns-off-repeatedly.html)

Gary L. woodruff November 5th 09 04:01 PM

RCA 36V430T Chassis ITC008HYN turns on and off repeatedly.

howdy, I have this monster RCA that is possessed. It will turn on and
then at random intervals will shut down and power back up. I have
touched up any solder connections that looked cold. I removed all of the
tact switches from the front panel control, problem still exists. I
disconnected the front panel after the set was powered on and still get
shutdown/startup. the set does not stay on long enough to develop raster
but does have the HV static on the screen. I am thinking it is the power
IC but do not have a print. Any and
all help is greatly appreciated.

thanks, Gary