DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony CD Walkman problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/291051-sony-cd-walkman-problem.html)

[email protected] November 4th 09 10:06 PM

Sony CD Walkman problem

I know the easiest way to fix this is to just go out and buy another
CD/AM-FM player but I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people
out here and maybe there is a easy fix.

The AM/FM portion works fine but the CD player doesn't seem to
recognize that a CD is loaded. Upon start up with a disc inserted
the laser seems to search three times and then the player gives a
no disc error. If I start the CD player with no disc inserted it does
exactly the same. The laser searches three time and then the no
disc error.

Any ideas?

Sony CD Walkman model D-FJ61

D Yuniskis November 4th 09 10:13 PM

Sony CD Walkman problem

wrote:
I know the easiest way to fix this is to just go out and buy another
CD/AM-FM player but I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people
out here and maybe there is a easy fix.

The AM/FM portion works fine but the CD player doesn't seem to
recognize that a CD is loaded. Upon start up with a disc inserted
the laser seems to search three times and then the player gives a
no disc error. If I start the CD player with no disc inserted it does
exactly the same. The laser searches three time and then the no
disc error.

Any ideas?

Sony CD Walkman model D-FJ61

Its laser has given up the ghost.

William Sommerwerck November 4th 09 10:14 PM

Sony CD Walkman problem

I know the easiest way to fix this is to just go out and buy
another CD/AM-FM player but I know there are a lot of
knowledgeable people out here and maybe there is a easy fix.

You might have a heck of a time finding one. Portable CD players have
virtually disappeared.

The AM/FM portion works fine but the CD player doesn't seem to
recognize that a CD is loaded. Upon start up with a disc inserted
the laser seems to search three times and then the player gives a
no disc error. If I start the CD player with no disc inserted it does
exactly the same. The laser searches three time and then the no
disc error.

It could be a weak laser. It also might be dirty optics.

[email protected] November 4th 09 10:20 PM

Sony CD Walkman problem

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:14:08 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I know the easiest way to fix this is to just go out and buy
another CD/AM-FM player but I know there are a lot of
knowledgeable people out here and maybe there is a easy fix.

You might have a heck of a time finding one. Portable CD players have
virtually disappeared.

The AM/FM portion works fine but the CD player doesn't seem to
recognize that a CD is loaded. Upon start up with a disc inserted
the laser seems to search three times and then the player gives a
no disc error. If I start the CD player with no disc inserted it does
exactly the same. The laser searches three time and then the no
disc error.

It could be a weak laser. It also might be dirty optics.

Could a out of alignment laser cause this? This happened gradually.

Gareth Magennis November 4th 09 10:58 PM

Sony CD Walkman problem

wrote in message

I know the easiest way to fix this is to just go out and buy another
CD/AM-FM player but I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people
out here and maybe there is a easy fix.

The AM/FM portion works fine but the CD player doesn't seem to
recognize that a CD is loaded. Upon start up with a disc inserted
the laser seems to search three times and then the player gives a
no disc error. If I start the CD player with no disc inserted it does
exactly the same. The laser searches three time and then the no
disc error.

Any ideas?

Sony CD Walkman model D-FJ61

1. Clean the lens.

2. If this doesn't fix the problem, give up trying.

3. Really.

Gareth.

Arfa Daily November 5th 09 01:48 AM

Sony CD Walkman problem

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

wrote in message

I know the easiest way to fix this is to just go out and buy another
CD/AM-FM player but I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people
out here and maybe there is a easy fix.

The AM/FM portion works fine but the CD player doesn't seem to
recognize that a CD is loaded. Upon start up with a disc inserted
the laser seems to search three times and then the player gives a
no disc error. If I start the CD player with no disc inserted it does
exactly the same. The laser searches three time and then the no
disc error.

Any ideas?

Sony CD Walkman model D-FJ61

1. Clean the lens.

2. If this doesn't fix the problem, give up trying.

3. Really.

Gareth.

One last thing to try before totally giving up. Check that the turntable
hasn't moved down the motor shaft, preventing the disc from being able to
turn. Common problem on many makes and models. Otherwise, as others have
said, probably the laser at the end of its useful life.

Arfa