DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   RCA model F36688, CH. CTC197CN5, wierd symptoms (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/290979-rca-model-f36688-ch-ctc197cn5-wierd-symptoms.html)

[email protected] November 3rd 09 10:39 PM

RCA model F36688, CH. CTC197CN5, wierd symptoms

This set came on, autoprogrammed normally and ran for a half hour and
apparently shut off while I had left the room. I turned it back on
when i returned and it ran for a few minutes and then all of a sudden
started changing channels by itself. After about 30 seconds or so it
just began continually scrolling through the channels. I was able to
turn it off when it started doing this. The customer said that it will
also turn itself on by itself as well however I haven't yet noticed
this. I did a search but couldn't find anything on this symptom. Does
anyone have any ideas on this one?. Thanks, Lenny