Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fluke 12 Multimeter Display Problem

Hi,

Back in 1995, I bought a Fluke "12" Multimeter (digital) because of a
special feature (Max & Mim) it has. I have not used that meter often over the
years, unless I needed to use that special feature.

I have a display problem. Not all the segments of a digit are "active".
I had worked on this problem more than once over the years. The display
panel has those problematic edge contacts.

Does anyone know of a good fix for this problem?

Thank You in advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
Hi,

Back in 1995, I bought a Fluke "12" Multimeter (digital) because of a
special feature (Max & Mim) it has. I have not used that meter often over

the
years, unless I needed to use that special feature.

I have a display problem. Not all the segments of a digit are

"active".
I had worked on this problem more than once over the years. The display
panel has those problematic edge contacts.

Does anyone know of a good fix for this problem?

Thank You in advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

If zebra contacts, clean all surfaces with a very light solvent and turn
around before replacing, if not enough then create less spacing, ie squash
the strips slightly more by changing the board/LCD anchoring/posistioning
structures .

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England