Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Split HEX files..

Hi guys!
Please i need support!
I have an hex file and i need to split it in low bytes and high bytes.
My eprom programmer just don't handle this function.I have to burn one low
bytes eprom and one high bytes eprom.
Can anyone help me splitting the file in high-low (i can send by email the
hex) or helping me finding a tool to do this?
Best Regards

AC

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JA wrote:

Hi guys!
Please i need support!
I have an hex file and i need to split it in low bytes and high bytes.
My eprom programmer just don't handle this function.I have to burn one low
bytes eprom and one high bytes eprom.
Can anyone help me splitting the file in high-low (i can send by email the
hex) or helping me finding a tool to do this?
Best Regards

AC

You mean its 16 bit data you're trying to partition ?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jamie"

You mean its 16 bit data you're trying to partition ?

Yes you got it!! exaclty this!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jamie" t ha scritto nel
messaggio ...

Yes you got it!! exaclty this!

Now, if all you have is just a pure HEX file, that is an
easy one to do..

Do you have a file that I can look at ?

I have sended in your email the file!Thank you for the help!Let me know if
you receive it!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JA wrote:

"Jamie"

You mean its 16 bit data you're trying to partition ?

Yes you got it!! exaclty this!

Ok, well, I don't know of any util that I have that
currently exist that can do that how ever, I am a programmer
and that seems to be a very simple task me

I assume these files have the address at the left column
and like 8 or 16 bytes of data per line ?

If this is the case, splitting the file would also mean
updating the addresses at the left..

Now, if all you have is just a pure HEX file, that is an
easy one to do..

Do you have a file that I can look at ?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JA wrote:

"Jamie" t ha scritto nel
messaggio ...

Yes you got it!! exaclty this!

Now, if all you have is just a pure HEX file, that is an
easy one to do..

Do you have a file that I can look at ?

I have sended in your email the file!Thank you for the help!Let me know if
you receive it!

Ok, I'll take a look at it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JA wrote:
Hi guys!
Please i need support!
I have an hex file and i need to split it in low bytes and high bytes.
My eprom programmer just don't handle this function.I have to burn
one low bytes eprom and one high bytes eprom.
Can anyone help me splitting the file in high-low (i can send by
email the hex) or helping me finding a tool to do this?
Best Regards

AC

There's a freebie utility called SPLIT2.exe at
http://www.kmitl.ac.th/~kswichit/68k/SPLIT2.EXE. I think it will do what
you need. (It's DOS progran, but runs fine in Winders.)

--
David
masondg44 at comcast dot net

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jamie wrote:
Dave M wrote:
JA wrote:

Hi guys!
Please i need support!
I have an hex file and i need to split it in low bytes and high
bytes. My eprom programmer just don't handle this function.I have
to burn one low bytes eprom and one high bytes eprom.
Can anyone help me splitting the file in high-low (i can send by
email the hex) or helping me finding a tool to do this?
Best Regards

AC

There's a freebie utility called SPLIT2.exe at
http://www.kmitl.ac.th/~kswichit/68k/SPLIT2.EXE. I think it will do
what you need. (It's DOS progran, but runs fine in Winders.)

I was going to suggest something like that, I did get the files he
wants me to convert. After taking a look at the Intel HEX format. I
can do it how ever, I suggested that maybe he'd try an existing tool
first before I whip up this GUI based app.

I've never had to split up HEX files before, other wise, i would
have already had a tool created

Yeah, I know what you mean... I'm a retired programmer, but have always had
the right tools to do my development work. I've never had to do any biinary
file splitting, so never had to have a utility to do it.
--
David
masondg44 at comcast dot net

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Doesn't the programmer's manufacturer provide a utility to do this? You'd
think it would.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck" ha scritto nel messaggio
Doesn't the programmer's manufacturer provide a utility to do this? You'd
think it would.

Some manufacturer will include this function! Dataman will do this, my
programming tool , doesn't let me do this!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JA wrote:

"William Sommerwerck" ha scritto nel messaggio

Doesn't the programmer's manufacturer provide a utility to do this? You'd
think it would.

Some manufacturer will include this function! Dataman will do this, my
programming tool , doesn't let me do this!

Have you successfully converted the files or do you still need help?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 23:20:11 GMT, "JA" formula1vhs@ TOGLIMI
hotmail.com wrote:

"William Sommerwerck" ha scritto nel messaggio
Doesn't the programmer's manufacturer provide a utility to do this? You'd
think it would.

Some manufacturer will include this function! Dataman will do this, my
programming tool , doesn't let me do this!

It's not that hard to write, especially for a one-off use when you may
choose to dispense with the error checking that would otherwise expand
it in size by several times.

Regardless, you're not the first to need something like this. A nice set
of tools is available at http://srecord.sourceforge.net/ and there are
surely others out there with a bit of 'net searching.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 17:58:30 GMT, "JA" formula1vhs@ TOGLIMI
hotmail.com put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have an hex file and i need to split it in low bytes and high bytes.
My eprom programmer just don't handle this function.I have to burn one low
bytes eprom and one high bytes eprom.
Can anyone help me splitting the file in high-low (i can send by email the
hex) or helping me finding a tool to do this?

My Sunshine Expro-60 has a bunch of utilities that can do this.

http://www.danbbs.dk/~rmadrm/utility.htm

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

"JA" formula1vhs@ TOGLIMI hotmail.com wrote in
:

"William Sommerwerck" ha scritto nel
messaggio ...
Doesn't the programmer's manufacturer provide a utility to do this?
You'd think it would.

Some manufacturer will include this function! Dataman will do this, my
programming tool , doesn't let me do this!

you can do it with excel
there are bin hex and octal conversion functions such as bin2hex and hex2bin
there are parsing functions such as substr and mid
there is a concantination operator "&" that will allow you to paste the bytes
back together after swapping them.

Should be an easy program to write just using excel functions, but, if
necessary, you can dip into visual basic which is the macro language used by
excel.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

DXF files mkr5000 Metalworking 4 December 2nd 07 06:53 PM
Par Files Krunchy Woodworking 1 March 2nd 05 05:20 PM
Old Files Jake Woodworking 5 January 25th 05 04:26 PM
Lost Files Zakes Electronics Repair 2 October 31st 04 04:56 AM