Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Default External speaker wiring for iPod

I bought a bargain external speaker and mic for an iPOD. I wanted to
play a tape recorder device direct into the speaker by plugging the
speaker + mic into the 3.5mm (1/8 inch) output of a tape recorder.

It wouldn't work even when changed some of the connections after I
had checked the pinout for the four connectors on the 3.5mm plug and

When I opened up the external speaker + mic there was circuit board.
What does the circuit board do?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2j31sue&s=4

And why does the speaker have four connections ???
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On 10/2/2009 10:46 AM Meat Plow spake thus:

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 18:14:02 +0100, mike wrote:

I bought a bargain external speaker and mic for an iPOD. I wanted
to play a tape recorder device direct into the speaker by plugging
the speaker + mic into the 3.5mm (1/8 inch) output of a tape
recorder.

It wouldn't work even when changed some of the connections after I
had checked the pinout for the four connectors on the 3.5mm plug
and

When I opened up the external speaker + mic there was circuit
board. What does the circuit board do?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2j31sue&s=4

And why does the speaker have four connections ???

I think you've described an amplified speaker powered by the ipod.

Yep. That puppy's not gonna work without external power (5 volts, I'm
guessing?).

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

In article ,
mike wrote:
I bought a bargain external speaker and mic for an iPOD. I wanted to
play a tape recorder device direct into the speaker by plugging the
speaker + mic into the 3.5mm (1/8 inch) output of a tape recorder.

Does the output on the tape recorder drive a set of headphones?

--
*Do they ever shut up on your planet?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On Oct 2, 1:14*pm, mike wrote:
I bought a bargain external speaker and mic for an iPOD. *I wanted to
play a tape recorder device direct into the speaker by plugging the
speaker + mic into the 3.5mm (1/8 inch) output of a tape recorder.

It wouldn't work even when changed some of the connections after I
had checked the pinout for the four connectors on the 3.5mm plug and

When I opened up the external speaker + mic there was circuit board.
What does the circuit board do?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2j31sue&s=4

And why does the speaker have four connections ???

THIS IS PRETTY MUCH CUT AND DRY

I AM PROTEUS
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 03:47:36 -0700 (PDT), Proteus IIV
wrote:

On Oct 2, 1:14*pm, mike wrote:
I bought a bargain external speaker and mic for an iPOD. *I wanted to
play a tape recorder device direct into the speaker by plugging the
speaker + mic into the 3.5mm (1/8 inch) output of a tape recorder.

It wouldn't work even when changed some of the connections after I
had checked the pinout for the four connectors on the 3.5mm plug and

When I opened up the external speaker + mic there was circuit board.
What does the circuit board do?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2j31sue&s=4

And why does the speaker have four connections ???

THIS IS PRETTY MUCH CUT AND DRY

What is? That you are a retarded fool?
We all already knew that.

I AM PROTEUS

Go away, boy lover.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

wrote:
On Oct 2, 1:14*pm, mike wrote:
I bought a bargain external speaker and mic for an iPOD. *I wanted to
play a tape recorder device direct into the speaker by plugging the
speaker + mic into the 3.5mm (1/8 inch) output of a tape recorder.

It wouldn't work even when changed some of the connections after I
had checked the pinout for the four connectors on the 3.5mm plug and

When I opened up the external speaker + mic there was circuit board.
What does the circuit board do?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2j31sue&s=4

And why does the speaker have four connections ???

THIS IS PRETTY MUCH CUT AND DRY

* What is? *That you are a retarded fool?
We all already knew that.

I AM PROTEUS

* Go away, boy lover.- Hide quoted text -

I SEE ALL YOU KNOW ABOUT WIRING SPEAKERS FAGGOT

GET A LIFE BETTER YET **** OFF AND DIE

YOU PIECE OF TRASH

I AM PROTEUS
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On Oct 2, 1:14*pm, mike wrote:
I bought a bargain external speaker and mic for an iPOD. *I wanted to
play a tape recorder device direct into the speaker by plugging the
speaker + mic into the 3.5mm (1/8 inch) output of a tape recorder.

It wouldn't work even when changed some of the connections after I
had checked the pinout for the four connectors on the 3.5mm plug and

When I opened up the external speaker + mic there was circuit board.
What does the circuit board do?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2j31sue&s=4

And why does the speaker have four connections ???

I WILL SEND A PROTO- BOT TO ASSISTS YOU WITH YOUR I-POD WIRING PROJECT

I AM PROTEUS