DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tektronix 2465A Error 017F (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/287868-tektronix-2465a-error-017f.html)

Andreas Tekman September 23rd 09 01:15 PM

Tektronix 2465A Error 017F

Hello everybody,

I have an Tektronix 2465A , Serial number B 033501. After power up
the on screen display shows a

ALL 00 PASS 017F.

Presing A/B trigger leaves this screen and the 4 traces forthe 4
channels appear.
I have a service manual.
Well, I suspect a problem with the controller board, but I am not
shure.

Using an external xtal controlled TG501 or similar:
Errorneous behaviour shows up when I use the cursor-guided time
measurement: It works correct until 20 us/div. But for sweep speed 10
us/div and faster: Deviation ist more than 20%.. That means, even if I
use a constant 10kHz or 20 kHz as an input, measurement is correct
with the 20us/div setting. Using a 10us/Div setting and readjusting
the cursors, it's approx. 20% wrong.

Has anyone seen this before?
Or a good point to start the repair procedure?

Svc. Manual doesn't give me a good clue. This error message does not
show up.

Andreas

JW September 24th 09 12:09 PM

Tektronix 2465A Error 017F

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 05:15:48 -0700 (PDT) Andreas Tekman
wrote in Message id:
:

[...]

Hi Andreas, you might want to sign up and post your question he
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/TekScopes/

There's a *lot* of 24XX experts there.