DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   bose wave radio (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/287815-bose-wave-radio.html)

harold September 22nd 09 04:50 PM

bose wave radio

hey guys,
Im working on a bose wave radio m#awr1-1w I found a transistor
shorted in the front of the power supply Q4 I replaced it and it came
on and worked for a day. Now it has the same symptoms but Q4 is good.
The symptoms are no sound , no display and when you unplug it , it
makes a wierd discharge sound in the speaker. Any ideas.

harold

Jumpster Jiver[_2_] September 22nd 09 06:18 PM

bose wave radio

"harold" wrote in message
hey guys,
Im working on a bose wave radio m#awr1-1w I found a transistor
shorted in the front of the power supply Q4 I replaced it and it came
on and worked for a day. Now it has the same symptoms but Q4 is good.
The symptoms are no sound , no display and when you unplug it , it
makes a wierd discharge sound in the speaker. Any ideas.

harold

Yes, Next time you find a bad component, try to find out why it went
defective. Could be bad solder joints, bad capacitors, other transistors,
etc.
I would start by checking the components that are directly connected to the
transistor you changed, and working your way out from there.

Arfa Daily September 23rd 09 09:28 AM

bose wave radio

"harold" wrote in message
hey guys,
Im working on a bose wave radio m#awr1-1w I found a transistor
shorted in the front of the power supply Q4 I replaced it and it came
on and worked for a day. Now it has the same symptoms but Q4 is good.
The symptoms are no sound , no display and when you unplug it , it
makes a wierd discharge sound in the speaker. Any ideas.

harold

If you don't have schematics, look for the six digit number on the main
board, and mail me direct off-group. With that number, I should be able to
fix you up with service info, and any help you might need with the repair.
Note that there are several different versions of the Wave Radio, and the
basic model number is not a lot of help with identifying them, or knowing
which components you are actually referring to. Some versions have a fusible
resistor fitted in the power supply, which fails for no apparent reason, but
which may in your case have been stressed, if it's present, by the failure
of Q4. The symptoms are pretty much what you describe when it goes open.

Arfa