Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 8mm DE-6 chassis out-of-sync - HELP

I have a canon V-500 8mm camcorder that has gone out-of-sync.
The service manual refers to "DE-6 (AD68-30200A) for the adjustment
and checks of mechanism section".
Not being able to find that manual, I'm asking you help in resyncing
the cogs.
Essentially you have to get the main cog in sync with the mode
switch.. but reference points are ambiguous and I am not able to get
it working....
help--help--help!
Emanuele.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 18, 12:45*pm, Emanuele Girlando wrote:
I have a canon V-500 8mm camcorder that has gone out-of-sync.
The service manual refers to "DE-6 (AD68-30200A) for the adjustment
and checks of mechanism section".
Not being able to find that manual, I'm asking you help in resyncing
the cogs.
Essentially you have to get the main cog in sync with the mode
switch.. but reference points are ambiguous and I am not able to get
it working....
help--help--help!
Emanuele.

more detail of problem-symptom please
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 19 Set, 05:34, John wrote:
On Sep 18, 12:45*pm, Emanuele Girlando wrote:

I have a canon V-500 8mm camcorder that has gone out-of-sync.
The service manual refers to "DE-6 (AD68-30200A) for the adjustment
and checks of mechanism section".
Not being able to find that manual, I'm asking you help in resyncing
the cogs.
Essentially you have to get the main cog in sync with the mode
switch.. but reference points are ambiguous and I am not able to get
it working....
help--help--help!
Emanuele.

more detail of problem-symptom please

...the camcorder suffered problems with drum and capstan motors power
supplies, problems that have been solved by some recapping.
Because of this the mechanical part has gone out-of-sync.
I just need some instruction or a copy of the DE-6 service manual.
tks.
Emanuele.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 19 Set, 20:21, Emanuele Girlando wrote:
On 19 Set, 05:34, John wrote:

[...]

Still.. what I need is phase info for the mode switch...
Emanuele.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 19 Set, 05:34, John wrote:

[...]

Emanuele.- Hide quoted text -

I have a DE-6 manual in paper. I'll take a pic. of the mode s/w page
and let you know.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 19 Set, 05:34, John wrote:

[...]

here's the link, good luck,
http://www.myksvc.com/images/de6.jpg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 19 Set, 05:34, John wrote:

[...]

GREAT! It is exactly what I needed.
Many many many thanks.
Emanuele.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 19 Set, 05:34, John wrote:

[...]

Just a repair brief:
camcorder Canon V500 (same as Samsung - SC-L600 L610 L630 L650 VP-L600
L610 L630 L650).
Symptoms: not able to play anything. No FF. No REW. Cassette load
drawer don't close as expected. No tapi-in action at all.
Eject after a manual loading results in bad mech noise and tape loop
pending out of the cassette.
LCD ok. Loading motor working.
Repair:
Drum and Capstan motors power lines were always low (0,2V).
Recapping C913 and C914 solved all problems. While you are in I would
suggest additional recapping as many tantalium SMD's
measured high ESR. Expecially 22uF/10V.
Resync of the tape deck was possible thank to John providing me a
picture of the DE-6 (AD68-30200A) service manual.
bye.
Emanuele.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hello,
Many years later, I would like to know whether you still have the Canon DE-6 mechanical service manual (gears alignment problem).
Thank you