DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Projection TV - only shows picture in Red - HELP (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/283320-projection-tv-only-shows-picture-red-help.html)

Bill[_29_] July 29th 09 09:35 AM

Projection TV - only shows picture in Red - HELP

I have a Samsung HCM553W rear projection TV that is only showing the picture
in red.

I took the screen off and I can see all 3 color guns, Green, Blue and Red.

All 3 are lit up, but only the Red on has a picture in it.

The other 2 are just lit green and blue.

It looks like they are not getting a video signal.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this ?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Paul Hovnanian P.E. August 2nd 09 07:16 PM

Bill wrote:

I have a Samsung HCM553W rear projection TV that is only showing the
picture in red.

I took the screen off and I can see all 3 color guns, Green, Blue and Red.

All 3 are lit up, but only the Red on has a picture in it.

The other 2 are just lit green and blue.

It looks like they are not getting a video signal.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this ?

What's the video source? External component? Perhaps the G and B cables have
come unplugged. Or someone's kid could have been screwing with the DVD
remote and cranked the G and B levels to zero.

If its using an internal source (tuner), there could be a loose connector or
board inside. Has the set been moved recently?

If its not that, I'd start looking around the color demodulation stage. I
find it odd that two channels downstream of that would go bad
simultaneously.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Have gnu, will travel.