DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Search for Nikkai customer services. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/280763-search-nikkai-customer-services.html)

ian field[_2_] June 21st 09 10:17 PM

Search for Nikkai customer services.

A search on google for: "nikkai customer services" drew a blank - can anyone
help on this score?

My problem is, I bought a "bare bones" (fit your own HDD) twin tuner
freeview PVR (Nikkai A52HF) at what I thought was a bargain price.

When I set it up to the TV I found that the EPG and record selection system
was total crap and virtually unusable, I have been trying to find out
whether there are on-air firmware upgrades like with other PVRs that might
at some future date correct these problems.

TIA.

Adrian C June 21st 09 10:37 PM

ian field wrote:
A search on google for: "nikkai customer services" drew a blank - can anyone
help on this score?

Nikkai is a Maplin brand, who are unfortunately responsible for the
support. But I expect you knew that :-|

My problem is, I bought a "bare bones" (fit your own HDD) twin tuner
freeview PVR (Nikkai A52HF) at what I thought was a bargain price.

When I set it up to the TV I found that the EPG and record selection system
was total crap and virtually unusable, I have been trying to find out
whether there are on-air firmware upgrades like with other PVRs that might
at some future date correct these problems.

Clues on the original manufacturer here.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=687499

--
Adrian C

ian field[_2_] June 22nd 09 01:44 PM

"Adrian C" wrote in message
ian field wrote:
A search on google for: "nikkai customer services" drew a blank - can
anyone help on this score?

Nikkai is a Maplin brand, who are unfortunately responsible for the
support. But I expect you knew that :-|

My problem is, I bought a "bare bones" (fit your own HDD) twin tuner
freeview PVR (Nikkai A52HF) at what I thought was a bargain price.

When I set it up to the TV I found that the EPG and record selection
system was total crap and virtually unusable, I have been trying to find
out whether there are on-air firmware upgrades like with other PVRs that
might at some future date correct these problems.

Clues on the original manufacturer here.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=687499

--
Adrian C

Thanks - the messages there seem to confirm my opinion, its a POS!

ian field[_2_] June 22nd 09 02:49 PM

"Adrian C" wrote in message
ian field wrote:
A search on google for: "nikkai customer services" drew a blank - can
anyone help on this score?

Nikkai is a Maplin brand, who are unfortunately responsible for the
support. But I expect you knew that :-|

My problem is, I bought a "bare bones" (fit your own HDD) twin tuner
freeview PVR (Nikkai A52HF) at what I thought was a bargain price.

When I set it up to the TV I found that the EPG and record selection
system was total crap and virtually unusable, I have been trying to find
out whether there are on-air firmware upgrades like with other PVRs that
might at some future date correct these problems.

Clues on the original manufacturer here.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=687499

--
Adrian C

Apparently its a re-badged Yamada DTV-3000HDD, I found their website where
they announce: "Yamada Denki's slogan is No1 customer service" - but no
contact link that I could find.