Posted to sci.electronics.repair
MAC MAC is offline

Default Tenma LCR Meter 72-6634 - calibration procedure?

Hi.
I have a second-hand LCR-meter, Tenma model 72-6634, which seems to be
reading 30-40% high on the L/C ranges. (R seems accurate, though!)

Please can anyone tell me the 'calibration procedure' for this meter?

TIA - Mark.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

MAC wrote in message
Hi.
I have a second-hand LCR-meter, Tenma model 72-6634, which seems to be
reading 30-40% high on the L/C ranges. (R seems accurate, though!)

Please can anyone tell me the 'calibration procedure' for this meter?

TIA - Mark.

More likely a repair job, 0.3 to 0.4 percent out for a calibration issue,
yours is 2 orders of magnitude over that.
The first thing to check is consistency, or not, of the wrong readings for
known test items

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 30 May 2009 01:28:16 -0700 (PDT), MAC
wrote:

Hi.
I have a second-hand LCR-meter, Tenma model 72-6634, which seems to be

*seems to be???* So you are not sure?

reading 30-40% high on the L/C ranges. (R seems accurate, though!)

Please can anyone tell me the 'calibration procedure' for this meter?

You can't determine whether it is reading high or not (you do say
"Seems to be" but you want to calibrate it?

Maybe try taking it to someone who knows how to evaluate it for
accuracy (has the requisit standards, for example) then think about
having someone calibrate it.

TIA - Mark.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N_Cook wrote:

MAC wrote in message

Hi.
I have a second-hand LCR-meter, Tenma model 72-6634, which seems to
be reading 30-40% high on the L/C ranges. (R seems accurate, though!)

Please can anyone tell me the 'calibration procedure' for this meter?

TIA - Mark.

I've got one of those ! Put in a good battery and recheck it. It eats
batteries, at least mine does, and the readings vary greatly with
voltage.

More likely a repair job, 0.3 to 0.4 percent out for a calibration
issue, yours is 2 orders of magnitude over that.
The first thing to check is consistency, or not, of the wrong readings
for known test items

--
Best Regards:
Baron.