DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Alligator Jumper Clips (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/278256-alligator-jumper-clips.html)

Chris F.[_2_] May 19th 09 12:31 AM

Alligator Jumper Clips

Where can I buy alligator jumper clips (just the clips with rubber
insulators) that come in multiple colors? The only ones I can find not
assembled come in red or black only, and the only ones in other colors
(green, white, etc.) are complete with the wires soldered / crimped on. I
want to build a bunch of jumper leads using some nice old cloth-covered wire
I have - adding a bit of a personal touch to my workbench, you might say.
You used to be able to buy them at Radio Shack, but I can't find them
anywhere now.

JerryM May 19th 09 01:34 AM

Alligator Jumper Clips

On May 18, 4:31*pm, "Chris F." wrote:
* Where can I buy alligator jumper clips (just the clips with rubber
insulators) that come in multiple colors? The only ones I can find not
assembled come in red or black only, and the only ones in other colors
(green, white, etc.) are complete with the wires soldered / crimped on. I
want to build a bunch of jumper leads using some nice old cloth-covered wire
I have - adding a bit of a personal touch to my workbench, you might say.
* You used to be able to buy them at Radio Shack, but I can't find them
anywhere now.

Found them on Frys Electronics website.

Jerry

hr(bob) [email protected] May 19th 09 05:04 AM

Alligator Jumper Clips

On May 18, 7:34*pm, JerryM wrote:
On May 18, 4:31*pm, "Chris F." wrote:

* Where can I buy alligator jumper clips (just the clips with rubber
insulators) that come in multiple colors? The only ones I can find not
assembled come in red or black only, and the only ones in other colors
(green, white, etc.) are complete with the wires soldered / crimped on. I
want to build a bunch of jumper leads using some nice old cloth-covered wire
I have - adding a bit of a personal touch to my workbench, you might say.
* You used to be able to buy them at Radio Shack, but I can't find them
anywhere now.

Found them on Frys Electronics website.

Jerry

I saw some in Tokyo a few years ago on their electronics row.

John Keiser May 19th 09 05:08 AM

Alligator Jumper Clips

Cheap Chinese stuff here. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6373
10 for $2.90 including shipping from Hong Kong [takes a few weeks but stuff
arrives.]

Andy May 19th 09 06:41 AM

Alligator Jumper Clips

http://www.muellerelectric.com/alligator_clips.html

Gnack Nol May 19th 09 07:20 AM

Alligator Jumper Clips

On Mon, 18 May 2009 16:31:29 -0700, Chris F. wrote:

Where can I buy alligator jumper clips (just the clips with rubber
insulators) that come in multiple colors? The only ones I can find not
assembled come in red or black only, and the only ones in other colors
(green, white, etc.) are complete with the wires soldered / crimped on. I
want to build a bunch of jumper leads using some nice old cloth-covered
wire I have - adding a bit of a personal touch to my workbench, you might
say.
You used to be able to buy them at Radio Shack, but I can't find them
anywhere now.

Rat Shack no longer caters to hobbists they got too good to sell usable
parts.

Here is one source:

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...MPERS/-/1.html

And another:

http://www.alltronics.com/cgi-bin/it...umper%2Dcables

I have delt with both companies and they are reliable.

I hope this helps you. Both companies have a wide variety of parts and
tools for sale.

Gnack

Dave M[_2_] May 19th 09 01:39 PM

Alligator Jumper Clips

"Chris F." wrote in message
Where can I buy alligator jumper clips (just the clips with rubber
insulators) that come in multiple colors? The only ones I can find not
assembled come in red or black only, and the only ones in other colors
(green, white, etc.) are complete with the wires soldered / crimped on. I
want to build a bunch of jumper leads using some nice old cloth-covered
wire I have - adding a bit of a personal touch to my workbench, you might
say.
You used to be able to buy them at Radio Shack, but I can't find them
anywhere now.

Mouser sells the alligator clips and the colored vinyl insulators
separately. http://www.mouser.com/catalog/catalogUSD/638/2119.pdf. The
insulators are available in red, black, green, yellow, white and blue.

--
Dave M
masondg44 at comcast dot net

One good thing about Alzheimer's; you get to meet new people every day.

N_Cook May 19th 09 10:30 PM

Alligator Jumper Clips

Is it alligator clips in USA and crocodile clips in the UK ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Chris F.[_2_] May 20th 09 12:21 AM

Alligator Jumper Clips

I saw some in Tokyo a few years ago on their electronics row.

I'll be sure to pick up a few the next time I'm going by Tokyo......

David Nebenzahl May 20th 09 01:24 AM

Alligator Jumper Clips

On 5/19/2009 2:30 PM N_Cook spake thus:

Is it alligator clips in USA and crocodile clips in the UK ?

No; we (U.S.) have both 'gators and crocodiles. Crocs are the bigger
clips with the wide jaws.

Of course you have different words for them over there, dontcha?

Dave M[_2_] May 20th 09 01:37 AM

Alligator Jumper Clips

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Is it alligator clips in USA and crocodile clips in the UK ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

If you will visit Mueller's web page at
http://www.muellerelectric.com/alligator_clips.html and look at the images,
you can see the differences between alligator clips and crocodile clips.

An image of an alligator clip is Model # BU-60/BU-60C/BU-60X
An image of a crocodile clip is Model # BU-85/BU-85C

I'm sure they have the same name in the UK as in the US.

Cheers!

--
HAM AND EGGS -- A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

Dave M

Bob Larter May 25th 09 02:29 PM

Alligator Jumper Clips

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 5/19/2009 2:30 PM N_Cook spake thus:

Is it alligator clips in USA and crocodile clips in the UK ?

No; we (U.S.) have both 'gators and crocodiles. Crocs are the bigger
clips with the wide jaws.

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Alligators have wide (convex)
jaws, & crocodiles have narrow, (concave) jaws.

MrManuals[_2_] October 18th 09 07:32 AM

Alligator Jumper Clips

On Mon, 18 May 2009 17:34:55 -0700 (PDT), JerryM
wrote:

On May 18, 4:31*pm, "Chris F." wrote:
* Where can I buy alligator jumper clips (just the clips with rubber
insulators) that come in multiple colors? The only ones I can find not
assembled come in red or black only, and the only ones in other colors
(green, white, etc.) are complete with the wires soldered / crimped on. I
want to build a bunch of jumper leads using some nice old cloth-covered wire
I have - adding a bit of a personal touch to my workbench, you might say.
* You used to be able to buy them at Radio Shack, but I can't find them
anywhere now.

Found them on Frys Electronics website.

Jerry

I bought these clips at Fry's here in Vegas. We use them to hold bibs
when we go out to eat. Work great! And everybody asks me about them.
I don't need anymore shirts with soy sauce stains on them.