Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Samsung DLP intermittent start up. flashing LEDs

I have a Samsung DLP Model HLN507WX/XAA This Television will not turn
on, except on rare occasions. Three LEDs labeled temp, timer, and lamp
start blinking a few seconds after I attempt to turn the set on. I
just replaced the color wheel, tested the door safety switch, and the
thermo switch next to the color wheel, and they check good, I don't
hear the lamp ballast attempting to come on, but because there are
times when the TV AND LAMP will turn on, am I wrong to assume the
ballast and the lamp must be good, and could they be intermittent?
The only voltage I was able to measure going to the Ballast was about
385 volts DC.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
I have a Samsung DLP Model HLN507WX/XAA This Television will not turn
on, except on rare occasions. Three LEDs labeled temp, timer, and lamp
start blinking a few seconds after I attempt to turn the set on. I
just replaced the color wheel, tested the door safety switch, and the
thermo switch next to the color wheel, and they check good, I don't
hear the lamp ballast attempting to come on, but because there are
times when the TV AND LAMP will turn on, am I wrong to assume the
ballast and the lamp must be good, and could they be intermittent?
The only voltage I was able to measure going to the Ballast was about
385 volts DC.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

What does the user manual say for that LED pattern?
what is the button sequence to reset the bulb expiry?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 8, 12:45*am, "N_Cook" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

electronic hints and repair briefs , schematics/manuals list onhttp://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/

Customer didn't have a remote, but Samsung thinks its the DM board. If
I find any additional information, I will be sure to post it here.
Thanks for attempting to help
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 8, 11:04*am, wrote:
On May 8, 12:45*am, "N_Cook" wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

My Tech friend told me to point a hot hair dryer on the DM board to
see if this made the TV start working, and it did, but now need to
find our why.