Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Where can I find this or similar connectors

I have some small clip connectors that I see often in electronics but
have been unable to find them new so that I can use them in my own
modifications.

http://bauld.com/~eric/pics/rectangular_connector.JPG

Is the female end of the connector, top and bottom. Measures 5.77mm x
4mm(4.76mm on the top of the arrow like retainer clip) x 7.91mm not
using the lip on the wire end. I have tried finding two pin connectors
of this size in digikey etc... but there are literally thousands of
connectors and I cannot even seem to get close.

Is there a specific name type for this connector ? Be nice to find the
male & female plugs and the wire ends that crimp on then push into these.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Eric Bauld wrote:

I have some small clip connectors that I see often in electronics but
have been unable to find them new so that I can use them in my own
modifications.

http://bauld.com/~eric/pics/rectangular_connector.JPG

Oh yes, the Asians use those by the boatload. I never did identify the brand.
The plastic's really soft isn't it. It may be a clone of a JST type.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Eeyore wrote:

Eric Bauld wrote:

I have some small clip connectors that I see often in electronics but
have been unable to find them new so that I can use them in my own
modifications.

http://bauld.com/~eric/pics/rectangular_connector.JPG

Oh yes, the Asians use those by the boatload. I never did identify the brand.
The plastic's really soft isn't it. It may be a clone of a JST type.

Graham

They are soft enough that they would probably bend before braking. Just
cannot seem to find something similar that I can put in-line.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Eric Bauld wrote:

I have some small clip connectors that I see often in electronics but
have been unable to find them new so that I can use them in my own
modifications.

http://bauld.com/~eric/pics/rectangular_connector.JPG

Is the female end of the connector, top and bottom. Measures 5.77mm x
4mm(4.76mm on the top of the arrow like retainer clip) x 7.91mm not
using the lip on the wire end. I have tried finding two pin connectors
of this size in digikey etc... but there are literally thousands of
connectors and I cannot even seem to get close.

Is there a specific name type for this connector ? Be nice to find the
male & female plugs and the wire ends that crimp on then push into these.

Digikey, Mouser, etc..

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jamie wrote:
Eric Bauld wrote:

I have some small clip connectors that I see often in electronics but
have been unable to find them new so that I can use them in my own
modifications.

http://bauld.com/~eric/pics/rectangular_connector.JPG

Is the female end of the connector, top and bottom. Measures 5.77mm x
4mm(4.76mm on the top of the arrow like retainer clip) x 7.91mm not
using the lip on the wire end. I have tried finding two pin connectors
of this size in digikey etc... but there are literally thousands of
connectors and I cannot even seem to get close.

Is there a specific name type for this connector ? Be nice to find the
male & female plugs and the wire ends that crimp on then push into these.

Digikey, Mouser, etc..

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"

Yes and Digikey has THOUSANDS of connectors. I have been unable to find
similar connectors. I have spent hours trying to search through the
digikey catalog but other then a few search terms which do not narrow it
down to any reasonable number of items. Digikey is damn hard to find
something like this if I do not have a part number.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 02 May 2009 19:41:19 -0700, Eric Bauld
wrote:

Yes and Digikey has THOUSANDS of connectors. I have been unable to find
similar connectors. I have spent hours trying to search through the
digikey catalog but other then a few search terms which do not narrow it
down to any reasonable number of items. Digikey is damn hard to find
something like this if I do not have a part number.

True. However, if all you have is a photo, it's much easier to use
the printed Digikey and Mouser catalogs to find something similar,
than to browse the web catalogs. I can help if you don't have one.

However, I need to know the pin spacing in mm or decimal inches.
Please don't guess as there are several spacings that are close, but
not the same. Also, if the matching receptacle has round or square
pins and if possible, their diameter.

Incidentally, few of the jacks seem to have manufacturers logos and
names. However, the matching PCB receptacles usually have something
marked on them. You may need a microscope to see it, but check the
largest flat area.

Also, please note that this is sci.electronics.repair, which deals
with repairing equipment. If this connector came from something
repairable, supplying the maker and model number might yield the
connector specs or vendor from the service manual. Otherwise, if you
are building something using this connector, you might get better
results in the various design, do-it-thyself, or hobbyist newsgroups
and forums.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D