Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Magnavox RJ4476 WA01 ch. 25G1-04 problems 2nd try

I tried posting this set before and except for one genuine response to
my problem my post became a toilet for a number of sickos. So I'm
trying again to see if there is anyone out there who might honestly be
able to help me. Thanks.
This set comes on OK and after about 5 minutes slowly seems to fade
into a pastel white screen with retrace lines. Surprisingly, changing
the channel brings the picture back for a few seconds and then the
screen slowly "fades" back up to bright screen with retrace lines
again. Almost looks as though you turned the screen control all the
way up. I tried cold spraying around the flyback area but it made no
difference. I'm suspecting perhaps a problem with a resistor changing
value in the ABL or screen circuit? Does anyone have any notes on this
problem with this chassis.
Thanks, Lenny