Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Magnavox model RJ4476 WA01 ch. 25G1-04 retrace lines

This set comes on OK and after about 5 minutes slowly seems to fade
into a pastel white screen with retrace lines. Surprisingly, changing
the channel brings the picture back for a few seconds and then the
screen "fades" back up to bright screen with retrace lines again. I'm
suspecting perhaps a problem with a resistor changing value in the ABL
circuit? Does anyone have any notes on this problem with this chassis.
Thanks, Lenny
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 08:39:24 -0700 (PDT),
" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

This set comes on OK and after about 5 minutes slowly seems to fade
into a pastel white screen with retrace lines. Surprisingly, changing
the channel brings the picture back for a few seconds and then the
screen "fades" back up to bright screen with retrace lines again. I'm
suspecting perhaps a problem with a resistor changing value in the ABL
circuit? Does anyone have any notes on this problem with this chassis.
Thanks, Lenny

AIUI, a bright white screen would cause the ABL circuit to operate,
not vice versa. IIRC, a faulty ABL circuit causes the HV to be shut
down, at least in some cases.

It seems to me that you may be able to narrow down the fault with
spray freeze. Perhaps there is a bad capacitor somewhere?

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 25, 6:33*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
[...]

I should have mentioned that I did try cold spray around the flyback
area but it had no effect. I thought that I had remembered that there
might have been either an open or changed value resistor in these sets
that may have caused this symptom. Maybe it wasn't a Nap chassis
though. Lenny
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
No Name

wrote in message
This set comes on OK and after about 5 minutes slowly seems to fade
into a pastel white screen with retrace lines. Surprisingly, changing
the channel brings the picture back for a few seconds and then the
screen "fades" back up to bright screen with retrace lines again. I'm
suspecting perhaps a problem with a resistor changing value in the ABL
circuit? Does anyone have any notes on this problem with this chassis.
Thanks, Lenny

If I were you I would throw a bowling ball through it and forget about T.V.
all together. In 2000, I had a bad day at work. So I got home and saw the
T.V. was tuned to MTV. So I went upstairs, got a bowling ball, and threw it
through the screen and broke it. Then I took the bowling ball and threw it
at the cabinet, and broke that and finished off the circuit board with it. I
threw the T.V. pieces in the trash. My 27 inch T.V. was 6 inches tall when I
was done with it, no higher than the speakers. I have not watched a minute
of television since (unless it was in a resturant or at work) and don't miss
it. I don't miss Judge Shyster or some jagoff pretending to be a doctor. I
canceled cable, and when they asked me why I want to cancel cable I told
them I had not receive another bill from them and hung up the fone. They did
call me one day and asked if I would like to reactivate my cable
subscription so I put the fone next to my ass and cut the loudest fart they
have ever heard.

I half way through eating a gallon of Anderson's French Vanilla ice cream
when the doorbell rang so I opened the door and it was these young kids and
they were offering me satellite T.V. service. It was the combo or bundle
(you know fone, t.v. and internet rip off). I told them, "Let me get my
checkbook" and I shut the door. I took a **** in my hand, opened the door,
and threw the turd at them and told them that if they ever came back to my
house, I would kick there asses.

With the money I am not spending on cable T.V., I can spend it on things I
truly enjoy. I have bought a bunch of oreos and twinkies and used them to
fill up the void of space once left by my 27 incvh T.V.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 26, 3:33*pm, "---\(** SiTrE JoSEpHEnNE MaGAna **\)---"
wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

The only "void of space" you're filling up is your pants. You must be
lost. I think that you meant to post in alt.psychos.net Have another
oreo and disappear, OK?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.sports.baseball.sd-padres,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers

"---(** SiTrE JoSEpHEnNE MaGAna **)---"

What is this? ****ing Myspace now?

Since you like to eat so much why don't you go eat the corns out of Ashleigh
Cope's ****.