DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   using sencore sc61 to measure antennae gain (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/276280-using-sencore-sc61-measure-antennae-gain.html)

[email protected] April 19th 09 07:55 PM

using sencore sc61 to measure antennae gain

Can I use this to test different antennae configurations, in the FM
and TV bands??

Where can I get a manual for the SC61?

Jeff Liebermann April 19th 09 09:47 PM

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:55:10 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Can I use this to test different antennae configurations, in the FM
and TV bands??

http://www.tucker.com/java/jsp/product_partnoSC61_invid36297_condR.htm
No. It's just an oscilloscope that quits at 60MHz. It's not a
spectrum analyzer and therefore cannot seperate the channels.

Where can I get a manual for the SC61?

Google found:
http://www.surplussales.com/manuals/man_sencor.html
http://www.agtannenbaum.com/s_cat.html#SENCORE
There are more...

If you're looking at HDTV antennas, see the various NEC computah
models at:
http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ANTENNAS/comparing.html
To duplicate the results with a field test, you'll need an antenna
test range or RF anechoic chamber, som things that are not easy to
find. Also, a big pile of calibrated RF test equipment and reference
antennas.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558