DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Newport MM1000 dc Motion controller (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/274544-newport-mm1000-dc-motion-controller.html)

[email protected] March 28th 09 07:39 AM

Newport MM1000 dc Motion controller

One day, when I was operating the Newport MM 1000 dc Motion
controller drive with delay stepper line, strange characters (????)
appeared on the front panel. Then when I turned off and on again,
many
kind of messages were shown.
"??????", "Check 5V", etc. Or it stopped while it was initializing
parameters.
When I asked the Newport, it is too old model so they cannot solve
it.
But they suspected internal power supply problem or PCB problem.
What would be problem? How would I fix it? Please help me.
(I have replced 4 amp-250V Slo Blo fuse on it, but there was still
the
problem.)

Franc Zabkar March 28th 09 09:43 AM

Newport MM1000 dc Motion controller

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:39:56 -0700 (PDT), put finger
to keyboard and composed:

One day, when I was operating the Newport MM 1000 dc Motion
controller drive with delay stepper line, strange characters (????)
appeared on the front panel. Then when I turned off and on again,
many
kind of messages were shown.
"??????", "Check 5V", etc. Or it stopped while it was initializing
parameters.
When I asked the Newport, it is too old model so they cannot solve
it.
But they suspected internal power supply problem or PCB problem.
What would be problem? How would I fix it? Please help me.
(I have replced 4 amp-250V Slo Blo fuse on it, but there was still
the
problem.)

If you don't understand how to "Check 5V", then you will not be able
to repair this yourself.

- Franc Zabkar