Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless
msg msg is offline

Default Paging Jeff Liebermann

Jeff,

Do you happen to have a Mammoth1 compatible cleaning tape to inspect?
If so, please read my thread about cleaning tape ID problems at...

(note: substitute the hated 'aioe.org' for your-nntp-host - works for
anyone)

....and let me know what you see in your tape.

Thanks much,

Michael
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:57:11 -0600, msg wrote:

Do you happen to have a Mammoth1 compatible cleaning tape to inspect?
If so, please read my thread about cleaning tape ID problems at...

(note: substitute the hated 'aioe.org' for your-nntp-host - works for
anyone)

...and let me know what you see in your tape.

I don't have a cleaning tape, but one of my customers does, maybe. As
I recall, M1 is 20GB uncompressed, while M2 is 60GB. Yeah, they have
M1. Nothing like 1980's technology and raising the dead.

I had to find the thread by buzzword and author. The above message ID
is broken somewhe
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc/browse_thread/thread/ef649081d6c7b85f/f606f2ca65572395?hl=en&q=mammoth+author:msg#f606f2 ca65572395

I'll look, but I probably won't have time for a few days. Sorry(tm).

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless
msg msg is offline

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:57:11 -0600, msg wrote:

Do you happen to have a Mammoth1 compatible cleaning tape to inspect?
If so, please read my thread about cleaning tape ID problems at...

snip

Sorry about the munged address, too fast with the mouse...
Here is a working URL:

(NOTE: aioe.org, home of trolls and miscreants, is still good for free
referencing of articles in this fashion - displaying in monospace fonts in
a web browser, without the visual corruption of the Google interface)

I don't have a cleaning tape, but one of my customers does, maybe. As
I recall, M1 is 20GB uncompressed, while M2 is 60GB. Yeah, they have
M1. Nothing like 1980's technology and raising the dead.

snip

I'll look, but I probably won't have time for a few days. Sorry(tm).

Thanks, Jeff. I await your next reply

If anyone else can lay hands on a cleaning tape, please let me know what
you see as well.

Michael