Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Samsung LN-T5271F Help

I've got a friend with a Samsung LN-T5271F flat panel LCD TV
that has trouble powering up. The red power light comes
on then the blue light comes on then the whole process
starts over. This can go on for 15 to 30 minutes before the
set actually starts up. Anyone seen this before that can
offer advice as to what I should look at in the power supply?
--
Regards,
Stephen D. Barnes
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Stephen D. Barnes" wrote in message
.. .
I've got a friend with a Samsung LN-T5271F flat panel LCD TV that has
trouble powering up. The red power light comes on then the blue light
comes on then the whole process starts over. This can go on for 15 to 30
minutes before the set actually starts up. Anyone seen this before that
can offer advice as to what I should look at in the power supply?
--
Regards,
Stephen D. Barnes

Sounds like power supply problems. We've seen many of these on similar
models.

Are you a technician and / or have you the requisite skills?

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mark Zacharias wrote:
"Stephen D. Barnes" wrote in message
.. .
I've got a friend with a Samsung LN-T5271F flat panel LCD TV that has
trouble powering up. The red power light comes on then the blue light
comes on then the whole process starts over. This can go on for 15 to
30 minutes before the set actually starts up. Anyone seen this before
that can offer advice as to what I should look at in the power supply?
--
Regards,
Stephen D. Barnes

Sounds like power supply problems. We've seen many of these on similar
models.

Are you a technician and / or have you the requisite skills?

Mark Z.

Yes I am a tech with many years experience, but have never
opened up one of these and currently have no access to
service docs. I had someone else say that it could be a bad
capacitor (very descriptive eh?). A lot of switching
supplies do fail due to bad caps. Discount-Merchants.com
have the supply board for this unit priced at $179.99 USD.
Unless there is something else I should look for, I may just
buy the power supply board and be done with it! I will look
for short circuits on any of the feeds from the PS to see if
that is a cause of the cycling.

--
Regards,
Stephen D. Barnes
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mark Zacharias wrote:
[...]

We see lots of bad capacitors in the switch mode power supply on some of
these.

Usually either 2 or 4 or 5 ea. 1000uF 10v capacitors. You can see them
bulged out (vented) at their tops. Be sure to use low impedance types to
replace them. I also up the voltage rating to 16v.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mark Zacharias wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info!

--
Regards,
Stephen D. Barnes

Samsung DLP TV help please [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 February 27th 08 08:38 PM
Samsung part BN41-00001A for Samsung 520TFT Syncmaster monitor [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 February 5th 08 06:01 PM
Samsung lightangel Electronics Repair 2 November 27th 07 11:59 AM
Samsung, anyone? [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 November 14th 05 07:12 AM
Samsung PCD-650 eLeNa Electronics Repair 1 February 26th 04 10:03 PM