DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   tektronix 2465 power problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/274147-tektronix-2465-power-problem.html)

feng March 23rd 09 07:36 PM

tektronix 2465 power problem

Hi, I am new in this group.
I have a Tektronix 2465B scope which has power problem. when power it
on, all the GPIB Status lights are on, fan is moving, but no display
seen.
I don't have a service manual. But I measured the center pint at
J4244, it is +4.3v to ground. Other voltages on J232B is -11.3v and
+4.3v. Both voltages look like loss 0.7v. What parts, or section will
cause this kind problem?

Any help, or light are greatly appreciated.

feng

carneyke March 24th 09 12:04 PM

On Mar 23, 3:36*pm, feng wrote:
Hi, I am new in this group.
I have a Tektronix 2465B scope which has power problem. when power it
on, all the GPIB Status lights are on, fan is moving, but no display
seen.
I don't have a service manual. But I measured the center pint at
J4244, it is +4.3v to ground. Other voltages on J232B is -11.3v and
+4.3v. Both voltages look like loss 0.7v. What parts, or section will
cause this kind problem?

Any help, or light are greatly appreciated.

feng

Capacitors in the power supply probably failed. I replied with a
detailed message a few years back on 2465 power supply troubles. You
should be able to google search it. I don't have access to a manual
anymore. They did have problems with filter caps and fans. Take Care