Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default General Radio 1604-B ?

Had one follow me home from the local hamfest. It's a Comparison Bridge
with a 2" scope from the mid 50s. Neat looking box. Anyone got any
info, manual or what
its primary application was/is?
pic posted to http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/wd5jfr/
Thanks
Hank wd5jfr

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Henry Kolesnik wrote in message
Had one follow me home from the local hamfest. It's a Comparison Bridge
with a 2" scope from the mid 50s. Neat looking box. Anyone got any
info, manual or what
its primary application was/is?
pic posted to http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/wd5jfr/
Thanks
Hank wd5jfr

For googling, the words
Genrad or Quadtech maybe useful but probably later useage than yours

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Henry Kolesnik wrote:

Had one follow me home from the local hamfest. It's a Comparison Bridge
with a 2" scope from the mid 50s. Neat looking box. Anyone got any
info, manual or what
its primary application was/is?
pic posted to http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/wd5jfr/
Thanks
Hank wd5jfr

Since no one else has suggested; join the 'GenRad' Yahoo group (mailing list
is ); members have provided manuals and schematics
for most everything General Radio and the discussion is of a high caliber.

Michael
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in news:7Hjvl.14832
:

Had one follow me home from the local hamfest. It's a Comparison Bridge
with a 2" scope from the mid 50s. Neat looking box. Anyone got any
info, manual or what
its primary application was/is?
pic posted to http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/wd5jfr/
Thanks
Hank wd5jfr

I used somewhat similar bridges in the 60's and 70's to measure
capacitance.

In brief you have device for measuring capacitors and inductors.

You put a known device on the left, an unknown device on the right and
adjust for minimum signal on the scope.
The bridge is 'balanced' when you do this.
You combine the known value and the setting made to balance the bridge and
you now know the value of the unknown.

See

http://www.ietlabs.com/pdf/GenRad_1973_Catalog.pdf

--