Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default renovating plastic cases

Some time ago, someone posted about de-yellowing old plastic equipment
cases - It might have been Mr Cook - I just came upon this article which
may be of interest.

http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/

Ron
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Ron" ron@lunevalley audio.com wrote in message
Some time ago, someone posted about de-yellowing old plastic equipment
cases - It might have been Mr Cook - I just came upon this article which
may be of interest.

http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/

Ron

Wow Thanks ! I will have to try this!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ron wrote in message
Some time ago, someone posted about de-yellowing old plastic equipment
cases - It might have been Mr Cook - I just came upon this article which
may be of interest.

http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/

I'll have to cultivate a frienship with a hairdresser.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N_Cook wrote:

Ron wrote in message
Some time ago, someone posted about de-yellowing old plastic
equipment cases - It might have been Mr Cook - I just came upon this
article which may be of interest.

http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/

I'll have to cultivate a frienship with a hairdresser.

Boots do a 500ml bottle of 10% peroxide !

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Ron" wrote in message
Some time ago, someone posted about de-yellowing old plastic equipment
cases - It might have been Mr Cook - I just came upon this article which
may be of interest.

http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/

Ron

Wonder if this would work on vehicle head lights plastic covers. WW

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 07:46:21 -0600, WW wrote:
"Ron" wrote:

Some time ago, someone posted about de-yellowing old plastic equipment
cases - It might have been Mr Cook - I just came upon this article which
may be of interest.

http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/

Wonder if this would work on vehicle head lights plastic covers. WW

I've had some success using "Goof Off" (r) -- containing Xylene and Toluene,

Dampen a rag with the stuff and first test on an inconsequential corner
of the plastic lens. YMMV!! Our cars are 18 years old and the plastic
composition of my head light lenses may be WAY different than yours.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron Ron is offline

"Ron" wrote:
Some time ago, someone posted about de-yellowing old plastic equipment
cases - It might have been Mr Cook - I just came upon this article which
may be of interest.

http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/

Wonder if this would work on vehicle head lights plastic covers. WW

I've had some success using "Goof Off" (r) -- containing Xylene and Toluene,

Dampen a rag with the stuff and first test on an inconsequential corner
of the plastic lens. YMMV!! Our cars are 18 years old and the plastic
composition of my head light lenses may be WAY different than yours.

Xylene, apart from being quite a hazardous sunstance healthwise, eats
may plastics for lunch, so yes, I would be careful.
Until a few years ago Xylene was sold as Hammerite thinners and liquid
polysterene cement for model makers.

Ron