Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default UPS problem

Recently I bought a UPS . Due to fluctuation of power , whenever I
put it on it always opens in " backup mode " . I think the fuse has
gone out .
What could be work around ?

Regards,
Geobird
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 03/12/2009 09:43 PM, Geobird sent:
Recently I bought a UPS . Due to fluctuation of power , whenever I
put it on it always opens in " backup mode " . I think the fuse has
gone out .
What could be work around ?

Regards,
Geobird

If it's plugged into known good power when you turn it on, and it's
otherwise setup correctly, then return it to the seller for an exchange.

Pete
--
1PW @?6A62?FEH9E=6o2@=]4@ [r4o7t]
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Geobird wrote:
Recently I bought a UPS . Due to fluctuation of power , whenever I
put it on it always opens in " backup mode " . I think the fuse has
gone out .
What could be work around ?

Regards,
Geobird

When I moved to this area, we were getting regular brown outs and power
cuts (not much better now...lousy power company) so I bought a UPS
for the PC, it was always going on backup mode. Went and bought another
with more power output, more indicators, turns out our incoming voltage
was 140/280Vac. Told the power company, wouldn't believe me but came out
like a shot. Turns out some of their gear was faulty.

Might be an idea to check your mains volts.

JC
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

When I moved to this area, we were getting regular brown outs and power
cuts (not much better now...lousy power company) so I bought a UPS
for the PC, it was always going on backup mode. Went and bought another
with more power output, more indicators, turns out our incoming voltage
was 140/280Vac. Told the power company, wouldn't believe me but came out
like a shot. Turns out some of their gear was faulty.

Were there any effects from the high voltage, such as shortened lamp life,
unexpected equipment failure, etc?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

William Sommerwerck wrote:
When I moved to this area, we were getting regular brown outs and power
cuts (not much better now...lousy power company) so I bought a UPS
for the PC, it was always going on backup mode. Went and bought another
with more power output, more indicators, turns out our incoming voltage
was 140/280Vac. Told the power company, wouldn't believe me but came out
like a shot. Turns out some of their gear was faulty.

Were there any effects from the high voltage, such as shortened lamp life,
unexpected equipment failure, etc?

Difficult to say really, this was about 2 weeks after I moved to this
area. We use 99% CFL's for lighting, so no very bright popping
filaments! I guess most of our electronics like TV's could regulate ok.
I wouldn't have known there was a problem until the UPS's detected the
overvoltage. The power guys said some piece of equipment had been
replaced temporarily by known faulty gear but it got left in
permanently. Nice.

JC

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Archon wrote:
Geobird wrote:
Recently I bought a UPS . Due to fluctuation of power , whenever I
put it on it always opens in " backup mode " . I think the fuse has
gone out .
What could be work around ?

Regards,
Geobird

When I moved to this area, we were getting regular brown outs and power
cuts (not much better now...lousy power company) so I bought a UPS
for the PC, it was always going on backup mode. Went and bought another
with more power output, more indicators, turns out our incoming voltage
was 140/280Vac. Told the power company, wouldn't believe me but came out
like a shot. Turns out some of their gear was faulty.

Might be an idea to check your mains volts.

JC

Sounds like an "Intermittent" or "Floating Neutral Buss" !!
Yukio YANO