DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   philips pm 3305 oscilloscope question (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/273178-philips-pm-3305-oscilloscope-question.html)

Max March 11th 09 07:08 PM

philips pm 3305 oscilloscope question

Hi I have this scope and all power outputs half volts low than its
originally should.After checking all components i found that transformer
windings is shorted.do you know any companies who can re-wind the
transformer.Prefer companies in california.Thanks

Sofa Slug March 11th 09 08:48 PM

http://www.jacksonengineering.com/
http://www.mercurymagnetics.com

whit3rd March 12th 09 06:24 PM

On Mar 11, 12:08*pm, max wrote:
Hi I have this scope and all power outputs half volts low than its
originally should.After checking all components i found that transformer
* * * windings is shorted.do you know any companies who can re-wind the
transformer.Prefer companies in california.Thanks

Check the external wiring carefully: remember, the oscilloscope is
a vacuum tube device, it has high voltage windings and odd
requirements
for HV isolation of some of the windings. If you don't have a LOT
of data, rewinding it could be a disappointment.

Usually, a shorted winding gets hot; if it's really 'half volts'
that is the issue, look for a 110/220V selection switch.

Max March 16th 09 04:54 AM

whit3rd wrote:
On Mar 11, 12:08 pm, max wrote:
Hi I have this scope and all power outputs half volts low than its
originally should.After checking all components i found that transformer
windings is shorted.do you know any companies who can re-wind the
transformer.Prefer companies in california.Thanks

Check the external wiring carefully: remember, the oscilloscope is
a vacuum tube device, it has high voltage windings and odd
requirements
for HV isolation of some of the windings. If you don't have a LOT
of data, rewinding it could be a disappointment.

Usually, a shorted winding gets hot; if it's really 'half volts'
that is the issue, look for a 110/220V selection switch.

switch is ok because input 30v ac is fine.
the transformer provide the high voltage and I think this transformer is
bad.Not always if the windings shorted transformer can be hot.I
disconnect the output power completely from logic and other boards of
scope.Still the same problem.Check all components in power supply
circuits.They all fine.Replaced some caps with losing value and
resistance ESR.Still problem exist.Hearing hard whistle from switching
transformer.Thanks