Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Thermal switches VDE KSD 301

2 of this make and type? on power amp heatsink with no other markings other
than moulded numbers on the black housing, so unlikely to indicate temp etc.
One marked 23 is n/o , to activate fan but seems rather high click over temp
(soldering iron activation), temp not actually measured yet.
The other is n/c marked 14, overall cutout
Anyone know how to decode these mould marks assuming they do relate to
temp/type or any other ideas?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message
2 of this make and type? on power amp heatsink with no other markings other
than moulded numbers on the black housing, so unlikely to indicate temp
etc.
One marked 23 is n/o , to activate fan but seems rather high click over
temp
(soldering iron activation), temp not actually measured yet.
The other is n/c marked 14, overall cutout
Anyone know how to decode these mould marks assuming they do relate to
temp/type or any other ideas?

IME, thermal switches on Power Amps tend to be around the 60 / 90 ballpark.
i.e. 60degrees C switches on the cooling fan, 90 degrees C shuts down the
amp. Its not an exact science.
Whatever you think is appropriate safety vs reliability probably is.

take your pick:
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/res...isGoback=false

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Gareth Magennis wrote in message

"N_Cook" wrote in message
2 of this make and type? on power amp heatsink with no other markings

other
than moulded numbers on the black housing, so unlikely to indicate temp
etc.
One marked 23 is n/o , to activate fan but seems rather high click over
temp
(soldering iron activation), temp not actually measured yet.
The other is n/c marked 14, overall cutout
Anyone know how to decode these mould marks assuming they do relate to
temp/type or any other ideas?

IME, thermal switches on Power Amps tend to be around the 60 / 90

ballpark.
i.e. 60degrees C switches on the cooling fan, 90 degrees C shuts down the
amp. Its not an exact science.
Whatever you think is appropriate safety vs reliability probably is.

take your pick:

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/res...Ntk=gensearch_
001&Ntt=thermal+cutout&Ntx=&isGoback=false

Gareth.

If I was designing amps ~ I would only use normaly closed switches as
failure mode is usually o/c or high impedance plus each of these use 2 pairs
of connectors in line back to solder points I would choose fails safe mode.
Fan one tested higher than I would have thought but as usually only used at
low power , will leave unchanged
Fan one cuts in at 68 degree C and out at 45 degree, checked up and down
twice for reduced "hysteresis"
overall cutout one goes o/c at 90 C and s/c at 60 C

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message
[...]

These switches very rarely go faulty, fan failures are far more common.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N_Cook wrote:

If I was designing amps

Thank God you're not.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N_Cook wrote:

2 of this make and type?

VDE = Verband Deutcher Elektriker. A safety mark. Like BSI or SEMKO.

Great to see you're so well on top of things.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Eeyore" wrote in message

N_Cook wrote:

2 of this make and type?

VDE = Verband Deutcher Elektriker. A safety mark. Like BSI or SEMKO.

Great to see you're so well on top of things.

Graham

TROLL ALERT!!!!!!!

GRAHAM STEVENSON, A.K.A. EEYORE.

HAS NOTHING USEFUL TO SAY. EVER.
DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR, SEVERE PERSONALITY DISORDER.

I WOULD ADVISE YOU IGNORE HIS POSTS AND KILLFILE HIM IF YOU SO WISH.

Just changed my hard drive and lost my killfiles, hence this post.

Plonk.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Gareth Magennis wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message
N_Cook wrote:

2 of this make and type?

VDE = Verband Deutcher Elektriker. A safety mark. Like BSI or SEMKO.

Great to see you're so well on top of things.

Graham

TROLL ALERT!!!!!!!

N_Cook is a continual source of great amusement to many of us here. Some
come only for the entertainbment value of his posts alone.

http://www.vdeglobalservices.com/en/...s/2008-06.aspx

Graham

Thermal cutouts GMM UK diy 4 July 15th 08 03:40 PM
Need a thermal switch DanaK Home Repair 4 July 3rd 06 04:37 AM
Thermal Arc LT-300 SCOTT Metalworking 3 March 19th 06 01:14 AM
Thermal Arc 351 jw Metalworking 0 March 15th 06 03:42 PM
Thermal plasterboard RatRibs73 UK diy 22 March 6th 06 10:41 PM