DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Akai plasma problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/270912-akai-plasma-problem.html)

Max February 11th 09 01:14 AM

Akai plasma problem

I working on Akai plasma tv model PDP4298ED1.Tv working good in about 1
hour then picture start shaken and looks like scramble picture then
picture completely disappear and tv shuts off.Is anybody have a similar
problem with this model?What might be failed?Thanks

Sjouke Burry[_2_] February 11th 09 01:42 AM

Akai plasma problem

max wrote:
I working on Akai plasma tv model PDP4298ED1.Tv working good in about 1
hour then picture start shaken and looks like scramble picture then
picture completely disappear and tv shuts off.Is anybody have a similar
problem with this model?What might be failed?Thanks

Heat?

Put a ventilator pointing at the (open?) backside and see if
the problem re-appears.

b February 11th 09 02:49 AM

Akai plasma problem

On 11 feb, 02:14, max wrote:
I working on Akai plasma tv model PDP4298ED1.Tv working good in about 1
hour then picture start shaken and looks like scramble picture then
picture completely disappear and tv shuts off.Is anybody have a similar
problem with this model?What might be failed?Thanks

change all the caps in the power supply secondary.
your problem is that Akai ceased to exist years ao, that is now just a
name badge stuck on the set. it could be made by anyone....
-B

Max February 11th 09 08:12 AM

Akai plasma problem

Ib wrote:
On 11 feb, 02:14, max wrote:
I working on Akai plasma tv model PDP4298ED1.Tv working good in about 1
hour then picture start shaken and looks like scramble picture then
picture completely disappear and tv shuts off.Is anybody have a similar
problem with this model?What might be failed?Thanks

change all the caps in the power supply secondary.
your problem is that Akai ceased to exist years ao, that is now just a
name badge stuck on the set. it could be made by anyone....
-B

I checked all caps by ESR they all looks good.No leakage and value
matched with cap's sign.Do you think I still need replace all of them?

Max August 19th 09 06:07 AM

Akai plasma problem

max wrote:
I working on Akai plasma tv model PDP4298ED1.Tv working good in about 1
hour then picture start shaken and looks like scramble picture then
picture completely disappear and tv shuts off.Is anybody have a similar
problem with this model?What might be failed?Thanks

FOUND THE PROBLEM.The problem was not in PS board but in Logic
Board.Just removed each IC from the crib (there is 2 ICs in crib)clean
the contacts by contact cleaner put it back and BINGO.Tv starts working
like new.Thanks anywas for your suggestions.