Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Testing stepper motors

Is there a way I can test a stepper motor? On the bench without the
driver circuitry? Does someone make a stepper motor tester?

Thanks
russ
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Multi-posting sucks

Russ wrote:
Is there a way I can test a stepper motor? On the bench without the
driver circuitry? Does someone make a stepper motor tester?

If you MUST post the *same* question to MULTIPLE groups,
put all the groups on the To line the first time you post.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=240748598
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JeffM wrote:

If you MUST post the *same* question to MULTIPLE groups, put all the
groups on the To line the first time you post.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=240748598

No. Please don't.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 18:54:11 -0000, UCLAN wrote:

JeffM wrote:

If you MUST post the *same* question to MULTIPLE groups, put all the
groups on the To line the first time you post.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=240748598

No. Please don't.

Give reasoning for your stupid statement.

Helpdesk: Click on the 'my computer' icon on the left of the screen.
Customer: Your left or my left?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter Hucker wrote:

If you MUST post the *same* question to MULTIPLE groups, put all the
groups on the To line the first time you post.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=240748598

No. Please don't.

Give reasoning for your stupid statement.

If it was so stupid, why did it take you 12 days to respond? That said,
cross-posting without using a "Follow-up To:" flag provides a conduit for
off topic flame wars to escalate in several groups, with all groups tied
together for the duration of the war. Nothing like a 100 post off-topic
thread permeating several groups instead of just the one.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:41:51 -0000, UCLAN wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:

If you MUST post the *same* question to MULTIPLE groups, put all the
groups on the To line the first time you post.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=240748598

No. Please don't.

Give reasoning for your stupid statement.

If it was so stupid, why did it take you 12 days to respond?

Because I have a life outside of newsgroups.

That said,
cross-posting without using a "Follow-up To:" flag

I frown upon followup to flags. They make things go where you don't expect them to. I've therefore set a killfile rule for any such posts.

Besides, if you want replies to your post to go to group X, then why didn't you post it there in the first place?

provides a conduit for
off topic flame wars to escalate in several groups, with all groups tied
together for the duration of the war. Nothing like a 100 post off-topic
thread permeating several groups instead of just the one.

"Ignore thread", it ain't rocket science. More likely you're just a non-social person who can't stand the idea of more then 4 people having a conversation.

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire. -- US Air Force training manual.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Russ Abbot" wrote in message
Is there a way I can test a stepper motor? On the bench without the
driver circuitry? Does someone make a stepper motor tester?

Thanks
russ abbot.