Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Inappropriate technique still unsubstantiated

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:29:16 -0800 (PST), JeffM put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Farmer Giles wrote:
test

JeffM wrote:
You would think that immediately after running the test,
you would see these morons make an actual post
--making the test surperfluous.

So, why even bother testing if you don't have something to post?
...and why bother testing if you DO have something to post?

...and why don't the morons test in the PROPER place?
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:aetkKiLDUawJ:lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/testpost.html+Please-don't-do-this+better.solution+alt.test+annoying+Zen+tens-of-thousands-*-*+misc.test

Charlie wrote:
Continuing that thought, What kind of moron puts the above post
in an electronics repair NG?

So far, there's the original moron,
an apologist for the moron (with no useful example),
and another clueless someone who hasn't answered my question.

Here it is again:
If you can _read_ a *discussion* group and can _post_ to a *test*
group,
what is to be gained by posting a **test** to a **discussion** group.

I maintain that last case is always selfishness and ignorance
and is ALWAYS inappropriate.
...and I haven't heard an example given yet where that isn't true.

In the past I have posted test messages to one particular Microsoft
discussion group (microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion).

This was necessary because that one specific group was being filtered
by a bot on Microsoft's news server. This particular bot would discard
any post containing the word "flood". The same bot would also discard
any post containing any reference to the
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt newsgroup.

Strange but true.

- Franc Zabkar

With an accompanying explanation that might result in some help and a
response or two, to help you know that it works in both directions.
Without same, it's just another moronic "test" post. Different animals.