Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Yamaha HTR5790 schematic

Hello, first post on this group.

Doing research on-line I found that quite a few people had the same
problem as my HTR5790 receiver. The receiver would shutdown right
after power up. Reading the forums found suggestions by Mark
Zacharias on checking C43 C44 C97 C98 which are the 47uF 50v. I
gathered from other posts that there was a bad batch of those caps.
Well in my receiver the C97 was bad. I checked around all other parts
on that board to see if something else was dead, but didn’t find
anything obvious. So I reassembled the receiver but it still has the
same issue.
Here is a little history, the receiver would shutoff as soon as output
relays were clicked on; it did this for a while then sometime later
the issue went away for several weeks, then it came back again, now
the issue is gone but so are the main channels, receiver works normal
otherwise.
I assume something else has burned out. I checked the main driver
transistors and they seem to be o.k. although without knowing what
they are it is hard to say, but they are not shorted and measure
similarly to other transistors which I know some of them are still
good.. I am kind of lost without schematic and was wondering if
someone could help me with that, or maybe can point me into right
direction where I could get one.

Thank you very mach for helping.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

(Windoze Mail not quoting properly...)
"Sinij kot" wrote in message
[...]

************************************************** ************************

Should have replaced all 4 of those caps. Probably would have solved your
problem.

I did have a similar model the other day which coincidentally had the cap
problem AND a problem in the protection circuit; however this would be
really rare and very unlikely yours would have the same scenario.

Replace the caps. They are on 2 different boards. I can help you find them.

You can e-mail me direct at:

reverse the domain to read sbcglobal and notice there is an underscore _
between the first and last name.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bob bob is offline

"Sinij kot" wrote in message
[...]

I had one last month that i did a lot of net research on and came up
with the large value backup memory super cap. I subbed one in and the
issues went away.

bob
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Sinij kot" wrote in message
[...]

The same model? Sounds more like an older one.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

************************************************** ************************

Should have replaced all 4 of those caps. Probably would have solved your
problem.

I did have a similar model the other day which coincidentally had the cap
problem AND a problem in the protection circuit; however this would be
really rare and very unlikely yours would have the same scenario.

Replace the caps. They are on 2 different boards. I can help you find them.

You can e-mail me direct at:

reverse the domain to read sbcglobal and notice there is an underscore _
between the first and last name.

Mark Z.

Mark, I will email you off line and post my finding on this board.